Stories

"Okay. So I'll start with where we stopped." He nods his head. "So, in first grade I started to take private singing lessons. I don't think I told you, or Scott. Well anyways, my teacher was like my role model and I took lessons from her increasingly over the next year. At the end of that school year when they held me back, she decided to start a group choir for kids."

"In the beginning it was only a few of her students, but after a little while other people started joining. That's when I met Jess. She was an outsider like I had been when I started. I befriended her and we became friends by the end of the choir semester. We had alot in common. Things like reading, writing, singing, ect. When I started 5th grade she moved to our school. By then I had already been in multiple productions, with larger roles in a few. Since they didn't have an acting group for elementary we hadn't done anything together.

"We did each play in middle school after that. The first director that ever gave me a larger role had sort of become my coach. He was really proud of me, and we still worked together through the local theater group." He interrupts you then.

"Wait, you were part of the theater group? I probably would have made my mom take me if I knew you were part of those." You blush and look down. Stop blushing. You seriously can't have feelings for him. You can't. Don't even think about it. You tell yourself.

"Yeah. Well, once we made it to eighth grade, and I landed the role of Hodel, he almost died of happiness. He had done that show previously and knew all about it. He coached me and told me I did a great job after he came to see it. After that my "career", " (you add air quotes to that.) "Took off. I was in more and even some agents called me. During 10th grade though, I auditioned for a movie and got a small part. It was a musical and I was successful, but no one discovered me."

"I was fine with it, and continued. I had a little self doubt after that and tried too improve in my music career. That year, the choir, which I had moved up to the adult, was taking a trip to Carnegie Hall. It was the best experience of my life. I got a lot of tips and advice on singing. I had fun. It was at the end of that year that I decided to major in both music and drama. I sent in a few letters to some schools and by the end of 11th grade, I had gotten a letter back from a few. My first choice had sent back a letter of acceptance along with saying they would pay my way fully."

Mitch's mouth drops open. "Which college was it?" You smile. "Which one!? Tell me!" You start to laugh at him. "It was Juilliard. They said with all of my experience in both fields and with me keeping straight A's, that I deserved it. So when I graduated high school, I went to Juilliard. It was amazing. After I got my degree in music, which I had completed first, I went out for some other roles, I didn't get anything but I was determined. Everyone was looking for someone with a degree in acting. After I got mine, I went out for the role of Annie in Annie Get Your Gun. I got it. I was on Broadway." Mitch is still staring at you with that look on his face.

"Currently I just finished filming a new movie with Benedict Cumberbatch and we've become friends since that. While I was filming that one, I auditioned for a role in a marvel movie. They were needing someone to play a role of Loki's wife, or love interest. When I tried out I got to the top few. They brought a few of us in to practice with Tom. And I got the role. So I will be in that starting at the beginning of next year. And I checked all of the practices and film dates and they don't intervene with those of The Sound Of Music's. So I will hopefully get that." You stop and take a deep breathe.

"Wow. I never had any idea. You've got to let me watch your movie when it comes out." An idea pops into your head but you close your mouth before it can pop out. You had though he could come with you to the premier but you didn't know. Plus it was a while away.

"Anything about your family? You had some of the nicest parents when we were little. They loved me and Scott. Whenever we would come over they would treat us like their own." When he says that, your breathe hitches in your throat. You hadn't told him. "What is it?" You remind yourself to breathe and answer him.

"My mom died in a car accident while I was at Carnegie Hall. And my dad died just a few months ago of terminal cancer. I've been alone ever since." You barely keep the tears at bay. You hadn't thought about them for a while now. His face falls.

"(Y/n). I had no idea th-" you cut him off. "I know, just please stop." You drop your head before he can see the first tear fall down your face. You hear him move closer to you.

He doesn't tell you not to cry or anything. He just puts his arm around you. You lean over and put you head on his shoulder. And you just cry. Not a ton, but still enough to get his T-shirt wet. When you stop you leave your head on his shoulder. You don't want him to see your face directly.

You feel him kiss your head and you smile. You couldn't help it. It was nice to have someone to comfort you. Even if it was comforting without words.