The Carnival

"Where in the world have you taken me, Jandle?"

"You mean you don't recognize this place?" Jave asked innocently and bit his lip to keep from smiling.

"Of course I recognize it!" The laughter, the lights, and music; it was pretty hard not to know where they were. "But an amusement park, really?"

"Well... I just thought we could have a little fun together...I don't know. I guess not," he sighed. He truly did want to have fun on at least one of his dates.

Bella sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine." The only reason she put up an argument was because she hated roller coasters. She hated the way it spun her head and made her belly go wild. She hated when she sounded like her throat was being ripped from her mouth when she screamed.

Jave squealed, quite literally, and dragged her towards the tallest, most gruesome ride she could possibly imagine.

"I'm not going on that. Nonononono. Go by yourself."

"Come on! This is the best ride here! In fact, I have two coupons for just this ride, and it would be a shame if they went to waste. I've had them for the longest time, and they expire tonight," he sighed, fingering the tickets.

Bella pondered. She did agree with him on the part about it going to waste. She was huge on coupons and stuff.

"Okay fine but only this once," she stated. Jave rolled his eyes and dragged her to the line which was unusually short.

Five minutes passed...

Bella could not believe she was actually doing it. She was already strapped inside a small, pink car (Jave insisted it was the best color) and the ride operator was counting down from ten in a bored voice.

"Enjoy the ride."

And they were off...backwards?! Bella lurched forward, thrown into the protective bars, and then they halted immediately. She almost threw up right then and there. And they were off again, forward. They went down a huge hill, and she felt her stomach on her tongue. They flew through a loop, fast and scary, and finally upside down through a series of loops. The car slowed to a stop.

Only to be yanked backwards down a huge hill. Suddenly, they were submerged in darkness. Bella couldn't see anything. She could only scream and anticipate what was about to happen. The rest of the ride was a blur. She couldn't focus. Her heart was drumming in her ears, Jave's delighted shrieks were somewhere in the distance, and even in the darkness, she could tell her vision was blurring. A constant nagging at her stomach just aided her sickness, and she might've thrown up.

She didn't care or know at the time.

Bella could tell she was half-conscious as the car slowed to a stop, for real this time. She tried to break through the thick cloud of mind-fog, but she wasn't strong enough yet.

She felt a pair of strong arms lifting her, and she snuggled into them, drifting out of consciousness and inhaling the deep masculine scent that enveloped her body.

.oOo.

Bella groggily got up, stretching along the way.

Her view slowly came into focus and she could just make out two figures.

She blinked.

One of them was a small, freckled girl with worried brown eyes.

"Piper? Jave, what's Piper doing here?"

"My brother and I were in the cart behind yours, and when we got out, you were...unconscious in Jandle's arms so," she exhaled slowly. "That really gave me a scare."

"Your brother?"

"Yeah he's in the restroom right now. He should be here, soon. Let me go check on him," she gave her a quick, reassuring hug and ran off to the restrooms.

Bella smiled after her friend. But all of a sudden, a wave of nausea rushed through her and she swayed, but felt the same pair of strong arms catch her.

"I'll always be here to catch you," Jave whispered in her ear.

Gosh, what the hell was wrong with this guy?!

Bella yanked herself from his hands.

"Enough with the cheesy pickup lines from now on, okay?"

Jave shrugged, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Bella heard a voice in the distance, and she turned around to see Piper yelling at her and dragging a tall figure behind her.

The guy, her brother, had his hood on, concealing his face.

"Bella, meet Joshua, my big ol' bro!" She winked, and shoved him forward. His hood fell backwards and Bella finally got a glimpse of his face.

But...she knew that face...those jet black eyes, that floppy black hair, that wide jaw...

"Josh, Josh, come play with me!"

"But Belle, I've got work to do!"

"I don't care! I'm bored, Josh!" She stomped her foot in annoyance, pouting.

Josh looked torn.

"Fine," he gave in reluctantly, looking back at his pile of unfinished papers sitting on his desk.

"Yayyyyy!!! I love you Josh."

"Josh?" Bella gasped, raising a hand to her mouth, and her eyes brimming with tears.

"Belle," he breathed with open arms, beckoning her.

She ran up to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, burying her face in the crook of his neck.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and breathed in the scent of her hair as she gave him a light kiss on the cheek.

"I missed you," she whispered through tiny sobs.

"Me too."

Jave witnessed the entire reunion, obvious jealousy blazing behind those sea-blue orbs. What was so good about this "Josh" fellow anyway?

He slowly inched away, finally turning around and walking briskly away.

A/N: yup, super short chapter again.

So leave in the comments below what you thought about Josh, and maybe what you think her relationship with him is.

Vote for this story if you ship JaveXBella rather than BellaXJosh....actually, just vote for this story because it's awesome, right?

Update: I originally put Mark as Pipers brother and that was a mistake. Mark, the English guy who bet on stuff was not the same as Pipers brother Mark. It's now Josh. Haha. Anyway sorry.

Share it around!!

Lots of Luve,
Rosetta🤓