Chapter 1- Mistakes

Start from the beginning

No, Rey, you wanted a change. Stand up, you'll find new friends. Your age. Work starts tomorrow. I got a job at a small magazine firm, and as small as the business sounds, they deliver weekly.

"So, Reyna, I hope you enjoy living in our town. Brady does, and I do. I've lived here all of my life." She smiles, walking towards the door with her son beside her. She waved, pushing the door open. "I hope to see you around. Goodbye." She left the house, but her son stayed behind for a moment, standing by the doorway, smiling. I thought he was torn between leaving and staying. He was frozen there, but she finally began to speak.

"Look after this house, Reyna. My mother and I have lived here for my entire childhood. It has memories." He pushed the door open, disappearing into the autumn afternoon and leaving the door to close. That was weird. I walked towards the suitcases and bags I had brought with me. One of them had been zipped open.

-----

I assumed that moving here would honestly help me and by some counts it has, so I can't complain. I hoped moving here would crush any problem I had while living with my parents but I was obviously wrong. Moving to a new place doesn't fix everything. I feel free, that's true, but I don't feel whole yet. I don't feel like I've achieved much moving here, but I have time I suppose.

------

THIRD PERSON

She pursed her lips, leaning over him from behind. "Now, how about a story, little David. I'm waiting." She pulled a silver lipstick case from her pocket, applying the thick red gloss. "David, David, David." He was frozen still in the chair, still frightened for his looming death, or so he assumed. He had been kidnapped, for god sake. His hands were shaking, his knees felt like they were about to collapse, and he couldn't see. At all. His eyes remained in the bowl on the table, and he was blind to the woman screaming towards him. He had no clue who was torturing him, other than her name, and his mind was running mad with information. She like Greek mythology. She called herself Persephone. She was cruel...evil...a maniac.

She reached around from behind and kissed his cheek. "You ready to chat now, David?" He finally decided to nod, retreating to following her orders. Maybe she'd be more sympathetic towards him. He began to open his mouth, still fidgeting with the buckles trapping his hands. He sniffed the air, smelling strong perfume and a trace of smoke. He opened his mouth, ready to speak.

"It was a long day at work. I was bored, and lonely, and so I went down to the strip club to have some...fun. I watched a show, then had a private performance, then I left...and you kidnapped me." All expression vanished from his face, as the woman walked around the chair to face him.

"You're lying. That's not how the story goes." She growled, kicking his feet. "Tell me the truth, David! You didn't just meet those woman, David! You touched them, abused them! Tell the whole story."

"You sound like you know the whole story without me." He smiled, but she wasn't having his bullshit. She slapped his cheek, glaring towards the space his eyes used to occupy. She turned her head slightly, moving closer to his face. He could smell the alcohol on her breath. "Fine, I'll tell the whole thing." He grumbled, moving in his chair. She grinned, squatting in front of him. "It was a long day at work. I was bored, that was true, but I wasn't lonely. I'm engaged. Anyway, I went down to the strip club, and I saw this girl, she caught my eye. Her name was-"

"Her name is Elise." He growled, having been interrupted, but continued his story.

"Her name was Elise, yes, and she was the most beautiful human being I had ever seen. I was drunk when she and her close friend, Sara, put on the private show for me, and I made mistakes. I abused those girls. I hit her. She was forgetting about me and focusing on Sara, and I slapped her, across the cheek. I made mistakes, I know. Why did you kidnap me?" The woman smiled, moving back behind David. He could feel her breath against his ear.

"You hit a woman, David. For that, you must be killed." His breathing fast paced as he saw his life flash in front of his eyes, just like in the movies. He remembered the girls at the strip club, and felt sorry for them, but he knew he did more wrong over the course of his life. He was a sexist, she was right. He had blamed women for his problems, but he caused them himself. He caused this to happen, so it's his fault he's going to die. "Don't go quiet on me, David. It's not time for you yet. I have a surprise for you, but I'll have to let you hear it." The door clicked open, and someone was pushed into the room. David cried for help, but no one answered. The newcomer walked towards him, tears falling down her cheeks. She frowned as she noticed his eyes in the bowl. Her hands were tied and her hair was tattered for the rough night. She opened her mouth to speak.

"David....I'm so sorry....what happened?" Her soft voice filled the small room. The door slammed shut. David frowned when he realized who it was, standing in front of him.

"Taylor....what are you doing here?" She fell to her knees, clutching to his knees, sobbing. He began to cry, letting the tears fall down. He missed her, even if he had seen her the morning before. Being in this hell hole had made him miss life. "My fiance. Why is she here?" David began to yell, his voice raised. He wanted his one and only safe, and now they were both in danger.

"Don't worry, David. You told me you made mistakes, right? Was she one of them?"