The Never Ending Tears

Moisty eyes? It doesn't effect anyone, not even a single person. -Me

SCARLET'S P.O.V:

It felt as if birds were chirping in my ear and the sun was inches away from my face, I winced and my eyes fluttered opened, the view was an opened window showing me the clear awoken sky having little clouds. The warmth of sun was too much, july was being so hot. I sat up on the couch and closed the curtains, I turned around to see Caleb sleeping in his bed just the way I lay him down last night, as I put my feet off the couch and put them on floor and tried to give a good look, I felt the severe pain in my neck.

Obviously, I slept on couch with no pillow!

I walked to bathroom while groaning in pain, the pain seemed to vanish when I looked at myself in the mirror; my puffy eyes, my dried skin and lips, my messed up hair they all seemed like usual but when I realized that usually my puffy eyes always held a kind of enthusiasm in the morning and my dried skin always used to glow though too, I felt a sick pain in my heart. It hurt to know that it was all gone then.

That moment, I wasn't staring at myself, I was staring at toyed version of Scarlet. The girl who had nothing to lost except her dream of finding love in a cruel world, and she lost that dream, she gave up that dream due to that stupid contract marriage. Tears came running down to my cheeks and I didn't have any choice but to continue to live according to the rythm of life.

I didn't have anyone who could hug me and comfort me. Like always, I was alone, suffering.

I realized it was not worth it, crying over something you have no control was never worth my time. I went to take a bath, the warm drops of water was relaxing and helped me to clear my head. I got out of bath, wrapped in a towel. My wet, drenched hair were pooled over my shoulders and by tip toeing, I opened the door and got outside of bathroom and headed to closet, my eyes fell on a sleepy Caleb who was snoring but not loud. It was hardly audible, he seemed relaxed while sleeping.

I didn't stop in front of him to examine, I just searched my wardrobe while wishing that he'd not wake up and see me in towel. I grabbed a purple off the shoulder blouse with white printed skirt. I turned around and found him gripping his head so tightly and groaning.

I bit my lip and wondered about his reaction to all of that, last night he was barely himself.

He looked around and his blue darkened eyes caught mine and widened, his jaw clenched so did his fists and his brows furrowed at me, I gulped. His lips parted but I immediately tore the gaze and continued to ignore him and went to bathroom to put on clothes but he, he popped in front me and stood like a mountain.

"What--what did you do last night? I don't remember anything." What did I do? What kind of question was that? what was he thinking that I'd molest him? Freak! I rolled my eyes at him and tried to pass by him but he grasped my arm and pulled me to him, the clothes that I held were tossed on floor and I could feel his intense, strong and annoyed gaze on me while my face was an inch away from him, I tried my best to not meet his eyes.

"I have already a bad headache, don't you dare to -- make things worse for me." He spat, his grip on my arm tightened, I had to pull my gaze to meet his.

I, with my deep and empty voice, finally spoke up, "You were drunk and a girl was wrapped on you and you two were making out on this bed, and I had to throw her out!!" My voice raised and I squirmed in his grip.

His grip loosened and I took steps back, "And you dared to do that? You're not my desired wife, do you get it? Don't rule and act like one? I don't give a damn what you like and what you don't so just get the hell--" The burning sensations again erupted in my chest, it pained me a lot.