The Mystery

Everything has its own beauty, silence has its own charm as well. -Me

Scarlet's P.O.V:

Finally, I was in hall where voices of my family and Pierce family were howling and mingled, as I continued to take steps towards the sofa, my heart raced faster than ever, the goosebumps were distracting me and the entire pain of having no love from my own father just faded away for a moment, and I had unknown chills running through my spine.

"Here you are, come and greet, Scarlet." Mum said with a fake caring tone, her eyes gleamed at me with sudden flares, the smile that was tugged on her lips faded and her lips pursed at me when i looked on and didn't obey, she glared at me to come towards them.

I, with my racing heart went towards them, my sister was seated beside Mrs Katerina Pierce, who was wearing a sand colored chiffon gown having some layers of lace. Her ocean blue eyes were so warm and looked so welcoming when fell on me. Her lips formed a curve and in return, I passed a smile as well.

Dad was sitting beside Mr John Pierce who was in formal attire, the perfect dull grey suit with a darker grey tie, his silky hair fell on his forehead, his face features were sharp and those steel grey eyes shot glares at me, it might not be glares but I was judgmental. He also passed a smile at me, I crooked a smile at him as well.

Mum stood up from her place and motioned her hand towards her place, and mumbled "Sit." I was in shock, how could she even bother to leave her place for me? The vibes I was getting from her were haunting me and the situation was a bit more exhausting than I expected, I sat on her place. I cleared my throat and gulped, I finally greeted everyone, "Hello,"

I heard Mr and Mrs Pierce mumbling me the same, my mum who sat on the single sofa gave me an impressed nod. I looked away as I rolled eyes, then my eyes suddenly shifted to right beside me and they widened as I saw a clean shaved man sitting beside me, how could I be so oblivious that I didn't notice him or how could his personality be so silent? His soft sky blue eyes were hooded with long thick eyelashes, his eyes were not wandering on my sister as she was his Fiancee, he was just peeking at his expensive watch that he was wearing, his fingers twirling the watch on his wrist.

I wondered if he had noticed me sitting beside him or not. His dark brown hair were not so properly tousled, they were messy but proper in some sort of sense, his pink soft lips were pursed, he was quietly sitting beside me like he didn't even exist or the world around him didn't exist. His fair complexion and sharp, prominent jawline were something that could make any girl swoon over him and it used to make girls go gaga over him though.

He was in his full sleeved black shirt that complimented his muscular but lean body so well and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, with jet black jeans. The freaking Caleb Pierce was beside me and I didn't notice him. Woah! I wondered why mum made me sit beside a boring, invisible alien.

I mean, I had always seen and heard girls gossiping about his good looks and heavenly perfect body but what was with such a private, silent and invisible personality. In books, young billionaires used to be hot and outgoing. But he was completely a belonging of Mars.

My mind was passing judgments while I was having my eyes glued to his heavenly beautiful face, it was getting awkward as Irene and my mum were peering at me with gazillion questions written on their faces.Obviously, Irene would mind me gazing her future husband like that. Stupid me! I slightly shook my head and tore my gaze from him.

I wondered if he even had glanced on me or my family or my mansion or anything except his bloody beautiful watch. Mrs Pierce asked me, I took few seconds to proceed that I was being asked something, because usually in those family dinners or formal or informal parties, I used to be the invisible for everyone. So why that sudden change! "So Scarlet, It is nice to finally meet you, what do you do?" She wasn't like what I heard, she was not bitchy at all. News and articles are full of lies. I groaned in my mind.