‘Get her to a pack doctor.’ I looked up to see Lucien addressing some men and saw them carry Ruth back into the pack building. I was still angry at Lucien but seeing him standing in front of me in my vulnerable state, it was hard for me to compose my self.

‘What are you doing?’ He asked. I was taking back by his question, how he thinks he had the right to question me like that after everything that had happened.

‘She had it coming.’ I spoke quietly.

‘You don’t understand her situation.’ He stated.

‘Why are you sticking up for her?’ I questioned ‘She said that it should have been her. Did you and Ruth used to see each other?’

‘Samantha it’s not what it-’ Lucien began.

‘It makes so much sense now, how could you!?’ I cut him off, I didn’t know how much more of this I could take.

‘I haven’t done anything.’ Lucien spoke loudly holding my wrists and pulling me towards him, I could feel the electricity sparking through my veins.

‘Well explain then!’ I shouted, tears were welling up in my eyes and I was staring up at him, his hard eyes softened at my face.

‘Inside, I can’t talk to you like this’ He spoke softly kissing one of my tears as it slid down my face. I dragged my self away from him feeling cold with out his touch but he was right, I was in a state.

‘Fine’ I said and let him lead me into the house.

By the time I got into his room, Lucien disappeared into his bathroom and I heard him run some water and come back out.

‘You should have a shower, it will calm you.’ He said. I looked down at my clothes that were covered in grass stains from my fight and I didn’t even want to think about what my hair looked like.

‘I don’t have anything to change into.’ I explained.

‘You can wear something of mine.’ Lucien stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. I gulped at the thought of wearing Lucien’s clothes, it seemed so intimate, even though it should be as I was his mate.

‘Oh, um okay.’ I mumbled and walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I jumped as I heard a knocking noise on the bathroom door and carefully I undid the lock and peered around the door to see Lucien stood with a pair of sweat pants and a white shirt in his arms.

‘You forgot the clothes.’ He smirked ‘Or you know, you don’t have to wear anything.’ My cheeks burned red and I grabbed the clothes out of his arms and fluidly closed the door behind me.

By the time I had finished my shower I felt calm and relaxed, I didn’t know whether it was because it was Lucien’s shower I was using or even because the shower pressure was incredible but it was a really good shower.

I walked up to the large mirror and rubbed the condensation off of the mirror, my eyes looked tired and dull and I hated the fact that Lucien had to see me looking so gross.

‘Everything okay in there?’ I heard Lucien’s voice in the other room.

‘Yeah, don’t worry’ I shouted back, smiling to my self. I shook my head and remembered why I was here in the first place and pulled on the clothes that Lucien gave me, I inhaled the fresh woodsy scent, which seemed to soothe my wolf and myself even more even though I seemed to be swimming in his overly large clothes. I walked over to the door taking a deep breath as I undid the lock and pushed it open.

The refreshing blast of cold air hit me as I walked out of the hot steamy room. I saw Lucien sat on the bed looking deep in thought with his arms behind his head. I took the moment to stare at his muscles that seemed to flex as he moved his head to see me. I quickly averted my eyes to his to see if he caught me checking him out when I saw that his eyes had gotten so dark and were shamelessly scanning over my body. I cleared my throat bringing Lucien’s eyes back to mine, however remaining the dark charcoal colour that they were before.