Chapter 1. Cocao

"Farkle, I'm so sorry." Riley leaned her head against my shoulder, in attempt to comfort me.

"No it's okay, we both agreed that our relationship was too much to handle, the fact that she had Aspergers was beyond us. I thought I could handle it, handle her. But when she had her first breakdown, it was too much, I had no idea what to do..." I explained, fumbling with my fingers as I stared straight down at my lap.

I had to admit, it really hurt.

It felt as if there was a constant hammer pounding against my chest, causing all these constant aches at the mere whisper of her name.

She agreed that it was better for both of us to stop seeing each other. But it was a one-sided agreement.

So many thoughts racing into my head; Did I really like her? What if I just let the best thing of my life go?

But love has no explanation does it?

No formula that I can use to explain my situation.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" Riley sat up, "I can make you hot cocoa or I can even call Maya and Lucas to come here." She suggested.

"No, don't call them. The reason I only called you was because I didn't want everyone to make a big deal out of it."

She pursed her lips, letting out a sigh. "Okay, then. I'll make some hot cocoa for you," she stood up from her seat, making her way towards her door.

I didn't want her to leave.

"No!" Riley turned around, "don't leave, please."

"O-okay, sure. Anything you want..." Riley walked towards me, taking a seat back at her Bay window.

"Riley, I don't wanna sound like a girl or anything, but I think I really need a hug... P-please..." I stared deep into her chocolate brown eyes.

"Okay." She scooted closer towards me, wrapping her warm and familiar arms around my shoulders as she leaned her head against mine.

I couldn't help but feel reminiscent to the moment that she hugged me after talking about her feelings for Lucas.

She will always be my everything, my bestfriend, my Sister, my first crush and much more.

"I love you, Riley." I whispered.

She lifted her head to face me, the corners of her cherry lips tugged into a sympathetic smile.

"And I love you, Farkle." Leaning in, she placed a kiss on my cheek.

What would I do without her?

Riley pulled away, smoothening the creases that began to form on her navy blue skirt.

She stood up, "Now, how bout I grab us that cocoa?"

I chuckled, smiling at her, "Sounds great."