f i v e

-------------------------

f i v e

-------------------------

"Ron...wait...please come back..."

I jerked and woke up. I wiped my face with my blanket. "It was just a nightmare," I looked at the clock.

6:24...

"Ugh..." I stared up at the ceiling, watching the clock tick tock away.

6:32...

6:47...

6:54...

7:55! Huh? I must've dosed off. I looked over at Crystal. She was still sleeping. I got up and pulled out my portraits. I looked at them for several minutes. Then I put them away.

I pulled out a blue t-shirt and pulled it over my head. I kept the pajama bottoms on for now. As I sat there leaning against my bed on the floor, I had this gut feeling that something was going to happen soon. Why am I getting these weird nightmares and pains? I shouldn't just shrug them away like I have been. What did that dream mean? Ron...please come back...from where? Why? Why do I feel like I've only gotten a little taste of what my life is going to turn out to be? I don't like these feelings. I don't like how they all of a sudden just hit me like this. What about Ron? What are my dreams trying to tell me? I can feel it. There's more to my story...and from what I can tell, it's not gonna be good.

Knock! Knock!

She made me jerk and come out of my thoughts so quick, it felt like a heart attack. I hope I never feel one of those, but as little as I know about myself and my fate...who knows. Should I really know how one of those feels like?

"Get up ladies! Are you awake in there?" She opened the door. Crystal sat up in her bed. "Yea, yea I'm up now," I stood up. "Morning Lady," I said a little weakly.

"Morning, orders please,"

I rubbed my eyes. "Uh, I guess I'll take sausage and grits today," She nodded. "Alright...and for you Crystal?"

She yawned. "Um, I'm still up for pancakes," She nodded and left out of the room.

"Morning Crystal...I...I'm having bad feelings this morning. And I'm not sure what to make of 'em," Crystal looked over at me. "Really? Like what? I'm not liking how you're bringing this to me," I looked down. "Yea, I know. They just all of a sudden hit me. My nightmares...I'm even having chest pains and stuff like that...Crys, my gut says something's coming...and it doesn't look good," Crystal went silent for a moment.

"Rogue...let's just take things slow and try to let everything in, ok? Can we try to do that? I feel like I've known you forever...I mean FOREVER. You and me, we have some sort of connection, you know? And I just met you. Let's just try to be as happy as we were yesterday," I took a moment to agree with what she said. "Thanks, Crys, yea I'm gonna try, but I can't just shrug everything off you know," She nodded. "Amen, come on. Let's go,"

She dressed herself in another plain t-shirt and shorts and we went together to the kitchen. I met up with Ron, sure enough; Ron somehow can make me be myself...and really happy.

"Hey Rogue! I'm ready for more fun today!" He ran up to me full speed when I walked out of the archway and hugged me really tight. "You are huh? Well, guess what? SO AM I!" We ran together to get our breakfast with Crystal close behind.