f o u r

-------------------------

f o u r

-------------------------

"Rogue...wake up please,"

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Crystal next to my bed on the floor. I reached for my lamp and took a peek at my clock on the table.

7:27...

I looked at her. "Sorry to wake you. I've just been alone for so long, having someone my age I can talk to, it's great...may I talk to you? I just want to get to know you," I rubbed my green eyes and smiled. "Sure, it's ok. I understand," I went back to thinking about Ron. I wonder how he's doing with the boys.

"Are you ok? You look like something is on your mind. Do you mind me asking?" Good, she noticed. I don't have to bring it up somehow. "Well, actually, yes. There is something on my mind and no I don't mind you asking. Did you see me with anyone yesterday, by any chance?" She looked down at the floor and then she looked back up at me. "Um, do you mean that boy?" I nodded.

"Yes, that's my baby brother Ron. He loves me so much. He doesn't like being apart from me. It just got worse when our mother died yesterday. I'm worried about him with the other boys...and not with me," She nodded. "Really? What about your dad?" I just ignored the flashbacks that appeared, but I couldn't help the few tears though. "Oh, don't cry Rogue. It's ok, do you mind me asking?" I nodded no and wiped my face with my blanket. "No, it's fine. It's just my daddy...died from a fire when I was seven and when Ron was a child. He was the best daddy in the world,"

"Oh," She looked down. "Well, I never knew my parents...at all. I'm also an only child...and...I'm alone. I'm just saying to always love your brother, because you are not alone," That's true. I will always love Ron, why would I not? "Well, do you want to talk about something?" She looked back up at me. "Yes, of course, I just don't have anything to say. I just want to get to know you," I nodded. I understand. I just wonder how Ron is doing though. I'm sure he really wants to see me.

"Oh yea, that's totally ok with me. What time is it?" I looked back at my clock.

7:41...

I looked back up at Crystal. "What time do we get up?"

"Lady comes around at eight, knocking on doors yelling 'GET UP!' and 'WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR BREAKFAST?' Things like that," She giggled when she copied what Lady says. "I've always wanted to mimic her!" We both giggled. I found that interesting to get up an entire house like that. I'm sure each morning when I walk out through the arched doorway, Ron will run up to me and give me his biggest hug. Boys and girls can only go through their side only.

"I bet that will get on my nerves really fast. Anyways, I bet baby brother will be waiting for it every morning though. She'll wake up the younger ones first right?"

Crystal nodded. "Yes, she might have already woken him, I really don't know when she wakes them up. I just know before us," She went to looking at my hair and sat on my bed beside me. "I just really like your hair. I've never seen anyone's hair like yours before," I laughed. I grabbed my brush and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. "Thank you! It's my own style!" I put my brush away. Crystal had gotten her brush and was trying something with her hair. I laughed again. We sat there laughing at each other's hair. "Hey let's make funky hair styles!" We giggled and shook our hair and brushed it in odd ways. Crystal brought her mirror over and we held it up for each other. We just couldn't stop laughing! I made mine look like a longer Mohawk or close to it and used a deep voice to say, "Hey! You thurr!!" We laughed and laughed some more, harder and harder till I snorted. We stopped for like a second then laughed even harder. "What was that? Like a pig or something?" Crystal said in between laughs. "I don't know!" I took a deep breath. We looked at each other and went back to laughing. "My tummy hurts!"