Chapter 7

I slowly got up from my position and stood tall and straight. I studied both of them with the evil eye. Madelyn was staring at me with a look of disgust and pure envy. My attention was turned back to little Genevieve who was hiding behind the skirt of my dress. Her eyes were wide and scared. I picked her up and hugged her to my body.

"What's wrong little one?" I whispered in her ear.

"I don't like Maddy. She scares me." I ran my hand through her hair in a soothing manner.

"Why does she scare you?"

"She's very mean to me" she whimpered to me.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you from the clown. Ok."

I'm Jeremy. I'm the Alpha this is Madelyn, the Alpha Female, and the beautiful little girl in your arms is our daughter, Genevieve."

I turned back to clown face and Jeremiah. My temper started to flare but not because those two idiots had a daughter. They had not yet bowed down to their queen. So disrespectful. My eyes flashed violet, a sign I was seconds away from snapping.

"I will answer that once you bow down to me. You clearly have no manners. If you didn't know, and from what this distasteful pack did earlier, I will assume you don't, you are to bow down to royalty. Those who don't bow down and resist are met with death. And no, I am not bluffing." Jeremiah immediately bowed down and remained bowed. Madelyn, however, stayed standing.

"Well, you don't look like royalty. All I see is a fat pig in a designer dress trying to look like a princess. Something you will never be," said Madelyn.

I was about to hit her but I didn't want to scare little Gen.

"I'm sorry. I didn't recognize you there. I was supposed to be presented to an Alpha Female and instead am met with a clown. With all that make-up on your face, you are almost unrecognizable. Now, I will give you 5 seconds to get on the floor like the bitch you are or you die." She glared at me before dropping and exposing her neck to me. "Much better Madelyn. Now rise and show us to our rooms. Your rude manners have tired me out. We will discuss all matters at dinner. I will take little Genevieve with me." Madelyn started to protest. "It is not up for discussion. Hunter take my luggage to my room."

Jeremiah and Madelyn scrambled to their feet. "Right this way, Your Highness."

I started to follow them with little Gen clinging to my side. Soon we were at my assigned room.

"We decided to give you the Alpha room since it's bigger and it's the best room out of the rest. Have a nice stay and I hope you will be able to help out this pack," said Jeremiah.

"Thank you," I said. Without another word, I went in the room and shut the door with lock. Little Gen yawned at that moment and I placed her on the bed.

"Are you tired?"

"Yes."

I grabbed little Gen, laid down on the bed, and placed her on my chest. "Sleep little Gen. I'll watch over you."

She started to close her eyes. "Can you sing me a song, please?"

I thought for a moment. "Sure." I started rubbing her back soothingly.

May all your dreams bloom like daisies in the sun

May you always have stars in your eyes

May you not stop running on until your race is won

May you always have blue skies

I stopped singing once I realized she was snoring away. Today was a very stressful day. I never imagined Jeremiah would have a baby girl and with Madelyn at that. I hope our stay here isn't long. I don't know how long it'll be before I snap. Little Gen has me wrapped around her finger from the moment she came up to me. I will do anything to protect this baby girl. I watched her sleepily as I tried to keep my eyes open but to no success. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.