Chapter 4

"Where are we?" I asked.

"We are at the palace and are currently heading to the training rooms."

"Why are we going to the training rooms?''

"What do you mean, why? To train you of course. If you are going to be a member of the Royal Guard you need to be well trained."

We arrived to what seemed to be the training room. I say seemed because it looked like a gym but a weapons room at the same time, if you know what I mean. There were mats everywhere. Practice dummies were scattered all around the room, there were treadmills here and there, a boxing ring in the middle of the room, and punching bags off to the side. This training room was incredible.

"Wow. You're training room is so much better than the one back ho- I mean better than the one at my old pack house."

"Of course it is. We are the Royal Guard after all," said Hunter a little too cockily. "Now, I need you to change into your wolf form and see how strong she is."

I asked Hunter to turn around so I could take off my clothes and shift. When I was done shifting, I nudged Hunter's back with my nose. The reaction I got startled me. As soon as Hunter turned around, he automatically got to his knees, bowed his head, and exposed his neck to me in a sign of submission.

I shifted back, put on my clothes and said the first thing that came to mind.

"What the fuck are you doing on the floor?" Wow. There we go again. This isn't how I normally act or speak. I'm confused and even more so now that Hunter is on the ground kneeling in front of me. I hadn't noticed that there were others in the room when Hunter and I walked in. They were also kneeling just like Hunter was.

"My Queen, I am on the floor as a sign of respect."

"What are you talking about? Queen who? Sign of respect to who?"

"To you, of course. You are the next Queen of the supernatural world. We have only seen your type of wolf once and they were the King and Queen of the supernatural world."

"Were?"

"Yes, were. They were unfortunately killed three years ago. That was how I became Alpha."

"Why didn't you just become the next king?"

"Can we all stand up now?"

"Huh? Oh yea. Uh. You can stand up now.'

"Well I didn't become the next king because in order to become the next king or queen, you must be a direct descendant of the ruling king or queen. In case there is no one next in line for the crown, the right hand of the king or queen becomes an Alpha. I am no longer an Alpha now that we have found the true ruler. You were the former king and queen's daughter. My dear Genevieve, you are now the queen of all supernatural beings," said Hunter.

When he was done with his mini speech, he turned to everyone else in the room and shouted, "All hale Queen Genevieve!"

Soon after everyone started chanting it over and over again.

I decided to ask my wolf something.

Is what Hunter is saying true, Seraphine?

Yes, it is Genevieve. You are the queen.

I guess I was now queen of all supernatural beings.

God help me.

*********

Sorry if it's so short, but this chapter has to be this way. Sorry again for updating this late but I was busy with exams and what not. I hope you guys aren't mad that it's this short.

-Valeria