part two | theory fourteen

part two | the tale of elusive shadows

theory fourteen | little boy blue

All she could see inside the room was Mary Jane leaning on the piano and Maximillian who was trembling to death and covered in layers of sweat as if the cold season never touched him.

The three of them had their heads in front of the window while Diederich, feeling all too confident with his prediction, just sat with his back against the wall and his eyes glued to his game.

Alouette couldn't even describe how Katherine was holding her laughs.

“What do you want?” Mary Jane said, irritation clearly on her face as if both of them didn't have a relationship to begin with. “I'm going to practice for the concours so make it quick.”

Alouette could actually see Maximillian gulping buckets of saliva and taking deep breaths. It was actually incredible that one could see another trembling so obviously.

“Definitely a scene from the school play.” Claude chuckled after a whisper to Alouette's ear.

She never really knew how Maximillian looked at the school play he took part in in the past so Alouette never knew how to react to it.

“Mary Jane...” Maximillian breathed. “I-If you still remember those days in which we smiled then I'm sorry because I won't be there to smile with you anymore.”

Mary Jane's eyebrow arched.

Maximillian breathed out and breathed in like he was in a yoga exercise.

“Just say it!” Katherine whisper-yelled through the glass but doubted that Maximillian could even hear her. “Just say it and screw up already!”

That's harsh.

“We are shit and I mean nothing to me.” Maximillian said, his voice shaking and after the sentence. Alouette could already hear Claude and Katherine laughing too loud that two professors went out of their classrooms to check. Even Diederich had this small chuckle. “I-I mean!” Maximillian waved his hands frantically. “You are shit and you mean nothing to me!”

How wonderful it is that people misuse pronouns. And they say grammar is boring----it's hilarious.

“You were practicing that on the mirror before you got here, didn't you, Maximillian?” Mary Jane chuckled.

Maximillian’s face turned red, Alouette could almost see smoke coming out of his ears and she swore that Katherine was already rolling on the floor getting her diaphragm torn to pieces with too much laughing.

“Let's break up.” Mary Jane said with a smile and fled like she had just gotten a new life, leaving Maximillian behind. She passed by the four of them and thank God, they weren't noticed. How blind could love ever make you?

“Good bye manly pride.” Alouette sighed, feeling pity for Maximillian.

“I told you so.” Diederich commented, satisfaction in his face as he nodded fulfillingly.

Claude then handed out five quid to the German, his smile carved from ear to ear and bright. It was like the person Alouette saw last night was just an illusion--like the Claude she talked to about Stresseman never existed.

“You're a genius, Dee!” Claude praised.

Diederich took the money hesitantly and examined it, probably making sure that it wasn't fake.