Part 30

Naruto sat up quickly, sweat running down his back, panting. Why had he had that dream? He remembered darkness, fire, and screaming. People had been suffering and he could do nothing about it. It had felt so real. And then Naruto had remembered his first dream. Or, pieces of it.

There had been a woman with blonde hair. Naruto had been a boy at the time, no older than six, and the woman was lecturing him. He hadn't been sad though. She was kind, and had a somewhat proud look in her eyes as she scolded him. Next Naruto knew, she had disappeared and was replaced by a man with blond hair that looked suspiciously like, perhaps, an older Naruto. His eyes had been dark around his blue, however. Like...like something. Like he wasn't really alive?

Then the figure again morphed into someone else. This time it was an older man, long white hair trailing down his back. That was hair, wasn't it? It was so...big. The older man threw his head back and laughed, patting Naruto on the back. When he settled down, he stared at Naruto, a kind look in his eyes. Like a father, Naruto thought.

It was then that someone had called his name, and Naruto looked up to see Sasuke, a red head, a pink haired girl, Kiba, a blonde girl with her long hair tied up, and Naruto's new team of Sai, Lee, Tenten, Shino, and now, apparently, Laurie. A bigger, round person followed, along with a young man with tied up hair, followed by another with similar hair. Naruto didn't know them, but felt as if he should. It was like his brain was trying to tell him something.

"Naruto?" a male voice called, scaring Naruto. The blond jumped and turned to the voice, only to find the same old man that had been in his dream.

"Yes?" Naruto asked slowly. He stared at the old man, begging his mind to put a name with the face.

"Are you all right?" the man questioned. Naruto didn't respond or move, feeling the name on the tip of his tongue. "Do you not remember me?" Naruto's head jerked to the man's eyes, seeing the pain.

"What's your name?" Naruto asked, hoping he would remember at the name. He had so far, hadn't he? Hadn't he? How exactly had he remembered?

"Jiraiya," the man said lowly, looking away from Naruto. His head was turned and he didn't see the body flying at him. Naruto had launched himself at Jiraiya, surprising himself as well. He didn't know full well yet, but he just knew he wanted to hug the old man.

"I know you," Naruto said, mostly to himself. He smiled as he saw Jiraiya and the blond woman playing with him as a child. "Yeah, I definitely know you."

"You--You remember?" Jiraiya asked hesitantly.

"Yep. Sorry it took a moment," Naruto said, smiling up at his father figure. "But I hardly remember anyone else."

Jiraiya said nothing; he just stared at Naruto, mouth agape. Naruto waved a hand in front of his face and yelled his name, but he didn't move. The blond shrugged and noticed the open door. He tiptoed out of the room and down the hall, seeing a figure he recognized outside the door. Naruto smiled and rushed out, tackling the unsuspecting Sasuke to the ground. The raven let out a strangled cry and whipped around to see who had tackled him. Naruto wondered for a minute if he would have whip lash, but thought he didn't care as a small grin covered his face.

"Idiot," Sasuke muttered, but Naruto felt no insult. "What are you doing up? Thought you were gonna sleep another few years."

Naruto snorted. "I feel like I've slept ten years already. I'm done sleeping for now."

"Wouldn't that be nice," Sasuke mused to himself. "But Shizine says you'll be sleeping for another few days."

"But it's so annoying," Naruto said pouting. "But whatever. Where's Kiba? I wanna talk to him."

"He's right here," Kiba said, and Naruto noticed him from the corner of his eye. "Scared me to death when I heard Sasuke scream."

"I didn't scream. I yelled," Sasuke said indignantly. Kiba and Naruto rolled their eyes. The blond turned to Kiba with a mischevious smile and pounced, tackling Kiba.

The three rolled around on the ground, and then Jiraiya came out. They began talking, all the while, unaware of the pair of eyes watching them. 

I feel like this part wasn't that well done...I'm sorry, my dear readers. Ah, but I hope you enjoyed it. This'll probably be my last update till I get back, but I promise I will update when I get back (hold me to that, ok? I get back next Friday, btw. Get me to update Saturday) Do you guys think this story is good? Like, does it add up? Does it connect?
I can't tell you how much I love you guys! Your comments cheer me up so much! Ugh, I just love you all! You're all so awesome! I really appreciate all your support.