Chapter 3- First Class

The next day at 7 a.m. My alarm goes off...yay! I have class at 8, so I slowly drag myself out of bed and into my bathroom. After a hot shower I stand in front of the mirror. I reach up and wipe away the fog that hides my ugly truth with a washcloth.

I sigh deeply as I observe how my stomach sticks out farther then my breasts. Unlike Dax there's no gap between my thighs, just a red rash from the friction of them rubbing together. My face is pudgy, my cheeks looks like a golf ball sits on either side of my face, about to protrude through my red, blotchy skin.

Deciding it's not good to dwell on the negatives I retrieve my comb from the drawer and pick out my long, red hair. I put it into a pony tail, complete with a thousand Bobby-Pins to hold fly always in their rightful places. I then head to my closet to decide what to wear.

I decide on a pair of jeans with frayed holes and shaggy bottoms, a long sleeve hooded maroon shirt with the Georgia Dawgs on it. I slip my socks on, then my boots, and head to the now clear bathroom.

For makeup I have a rule- the less you use the more you blend- meaning the less I have on my face the less likely I am to be noticed. I apply a unnoticeable liquid base, then mascara, a little lip color, and a bit of eye liner.

By the time I've done all this it's 7:30, and I've got a fifteen minute walk to class. I grab my phone and plug in my ear buds. Selecting a Brantley Gilbert album I head out the door with my bag slung across my shoulder. As I'm walking some guy bumps into me, and rudely tells me that I'm excused. I duck my head and just continue to walk.

Just as I am in front of the building of my class I see a group of guys in their football team hoodies. It remiss me that less then twelve hours ago I was sitting on a tool box with their QB talking about everything from future life plans to what dog he wants.

I giggle as I remember him going on and on about this one dog at the shelter in the next town over. His friends mom works there, and he volunteers. It's a rather chubby dog, who is named Rowdy, and apparently the coolest thing ever. I smile remembering the way he lit up about the animal.

I went to open the door, only to have a hand grin the handle. "Well, we meet again. Let me guess....environmental sciences?"
I laughed, and responded, "AP veterinarian skills lab actually. What about you?"
We had reached the door to my class. He opens it, "after you" he said.

Oh boy, he's taking this class, too.. I take a seat on the first row, and as feared he sits right next to me. We spend a few minutes passing snide comments back and fourth. He never quit smiling, and I never quit blushing. At precisely 8am the professor walks in.

"Good morning class. My name is Professor Dane Matthews. You will call me Doctor Matthews. You will not call me M Dog, Mr. M, or M biscuit. This is AP veterinarian skills lab, if that's not where you should be, get out. The rest of you, your assignments on the board."

"Wow," Blake said. "He is just a regular Georgia peach. This will be fun."

I read the assignment on the board. Today you will write a report on the condition of the dog livers in the jars on your desks. Due at the end of class.

I retrieved my notebook and a pen, wrote my name and the date, then looked at the liver.

"Wow," I said to Blake. " I bet this is your liver after a hard Saturday night!"

He laughed quietly. "Nope," he said. "I party on Fridays. And speaking of party days... Tomorrow is Friday, also my birthday. Were having a party, and you're coming."

I just looked at him shocked that he boldly gave me an order.
"Is that an order sergeant?" I asked.

"Yes, soldier it is."

Hmm, guess I'm going to a party tomorrow. Oh, yay! (Total sarcasm!)