Brendon urie - first day gone

The officers were now in my house, scavenging through the broken shards of glass, rummaging through papers on the floor. It was odd, having people invade your personal space. It was also odd, your wife disappearing on your anniversary, leaving only sketchy evidence behind.
They've been here an hour now, doing the same thing over and over. Asking the same questions. A detective was called in also, and she goes by the name of Taylor O'malley. The inner writer in me was coming up with rhymes for the name O'malley. I couldn't help it.
"Mr. Urie, when was the last time you saw your wife this morning?"
"Uh.. About 9:00."
Taylor nodded and out shards of glass into the evidence bag, then turned to face me.
She was in her early forties maybe, with grays peeking out just enough to be noticeable.
O'malley glanced at the pictures on the shelf above our fire place and have them an odd look.
"This your wife right here?"
I nodded.
"Five years today."
She looked at me with fake enthusiasm.
"You planning on doing anything special today?"
I was, until Callie ruined it.
When I didn't answer, she pretended to be interested.
"I bet you have reservations at Houstons, just down the road huh?"
Houstons was the close our little town could ever get to a fancy restaurant.
"How'd you know?"
This was the fifth lie I've told the police.
The first was that Callie and I rarely fought. The second was that I'd already boughten her a gift. The third was that callie and I rarely fought. Fourth; "I went to the beach, and then straight to my bar".
And now the fifth.
O'malley started writing setting down on her notepad.
"Mind if we look around?"
I shook my head.
I've always been the kind to bow down to authority. I've always been good, not even do much as a speeding ticket. Truth is, the law scares me. Jail scares me.
The officers started up the stairs, and instructed me to follow them.
They inspected the upstairs, and stopped only when they found something interesting.
A crisp white envelope sat upright on the edge of my writing desk, the words "clue one" written flawlessly across the middle.
"Clue one?" O'malley asked, gingerly turning it around in her gloved hands.
This was clue one to Callie's scavenger hunt.
"Oh.. My wife does this thing.. Like a scavenger hunt, every anniversary."
O'malley flashed another fake smile.
"How romantic."
I held back a grimace.
"Well, we're gonna have to take this in, look it over, and see if we can figure it out.
Confusion blocked my mind.
"You want to go on Callie's scavenger hunt?"
O'malley nodded.
"It'll help us reach Callie's last movements. We're going to need your help of course. Need a ride to the station?"
Great.