Callie Elliot 7/05/09

I met a boy. I met a boy and I'm so stupid happy.
I know, I know. So high school rich bitch of me right? Well if it makes you feel any better, I wasn't intending on any of it. 
Erika invited me to one of her stupid writer parties.
You know, the ones with the five dollar cheese platters and cheap beer. It was a party held for nothing, because, as writers, we weren't celebrating anything.
Maybe the word "writers" is a little extreme.
You see, I write magizene quizzes for females. You know "5 easy steps to determine your inner fashion sense!" Or "10 easy ways to have a mind blowing orgasm!"
Yeah. Not much celebration there. Except for the orgasm part.
Anyways, it was shitty party, with shitty beer, and over all shitty people.
That's why I was surprised when a not so shitty boy turned up.
"I wouldn't eat that if I were you."
That was his first line to me.
A not so romantic pickup line, but it was a line and he was a boy. Also, I might have even been a little drunk. On cheap beer of course.
The boys eyes were a dark brown, matching  his hair which was gelled back into a quiff. His crooked smile showed off his dimples, and full lips. Even then I could sense his arrogance. Maybe it way he looked at me, or maybe it was the way he had his arm slung over the couch. I didn't know. But I did know I liked it.
"Why, did someone touch them?" I asked, with fake concern.
"No. I bought them at a gass station for $4.45." The boy laughed a little, and stood up, inching over towards me.
We talked for a little. His name was brendon, and he was 23. Brendon was a journalist and a writer. Ah. So that's why he was here
Here was this boy, charming yet cute. Serious yet funny. I liked him already.
An hour passed and we'd been talking the whole time. About movies (which he constantly kept quoting) and novels (he seemed to know every one). About politics (which he resented) and boring writer parties (which he resented also).
"If you resent these parties, why did you come?" I'd asked.
Brendon shrugged. "Thought maybe I'd meet someone interesting."
Oh. He was talking about me. I tried not to blush.
"And did you?"
He just smiled.
An hour after that, we'd found ourselves wondering around New York City. It was frigid and painful, but we didn't mind.
"Hey-" he said pulling me into an alley.
"What?" I'd asked, nervousness creeping in.
"Just wait."
And I did. Nervously, but patiently.
We walked down the alley and I saw what he was pointing at.
A small bakery truck, unloading sacks of sugar. The sugar crystals in the air sparkled as the shimmer of streetlights bounced off of them.
Suddenly brendon was lightly tugging on my hand, jogging toward the sugar cloud.
We ran through it, giggling in unison.
I leaned against a wall to catch my breath, still giggling.
"You know," he said, leaning towards me, "no one should go through a sugar storm un kissed." He smirked.
"Is that right?"
He nodded and put two fingers to my lips. He wiped the sugar from them so he could taste me.
And then he kissed me. Gently, but passionately, until we both had pull away to catch our breaths.
I met a boy.
A wonderful, funny, romantic, confident boy.
And I loved it.