Waiting For You [ A Liam Payne Fiction ]

Mandy's Point of View

Gosh, high school. Where the jocks and the fake barbies are at the top of the social pyramid. Oh how did i get so lucky to be here? Middle of sophomore year. We aren't totally at the bottom because that would be the freshman, but we're close.

I'm Amanda but most people call me Mandy. It was such a normal day. It was hot out but the cool breezes made everything better. The sky was blue. Barely any clouds. The warm sun always brought a smile on my face.

The ringing sounded and I automatically knew what that meant. Lunch. Lunch for me was a time to relax or gossip. I guess. I mean, doesnt everyone? I walk over to where I always meet my friends. By the benches.

These girls meant everything to me, I met them all freshman year and we just clicked. Like we were meant to find each other in this hell hole. There was Allie, Leanne, Julia, and Taylin. Boy, were we a special group of girls. People would call us weird but i would say we're just us.

Allie. She's always been small and quiet. She was pretty cute though. I mean, all the guys seem to like her but she's taken by her boyfriend, Hunter.

Leanne. She was average height and pretty. A few guys seem to like her. She can keep a conversation going. Shes taken too. By Aaron.

Julia was tiny and cute. 5'1 with a gorgeous smile. She's not with anyone but I think I found someone for her.

Taylin was a special one. She always did her own thing. Her and her guy best best friend, Logan, had always been cute together.

Then there's me. The odd one in the group. All of them are all drop dead gorgeous and then there's me. Silly old me.

"Hey, Mandy!" Allie exclaimed. That girl was always full of energy. She embraced me into a hug. "Let's go to the grass, guys." I told them. They all agreed. We grabbed our stuff and head to our little spot in the field.

"Hey, Allie. Where's Hunter?" I said nudging her. "He's playing basketball. Like always."

"Wheres Logan at, Taylin?" I asked her jokingly. Her face made a blank expression.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Hunter coming and being the huge cockblock I am. I pulled Allie into a hug. We sat like this for awhile. Hunter came and he say down on the other side of Allie. I noticed he had a friend with him.

"Come on, Allie. Don't be such a cockblock." Hunter said to me. "No thanks, I'm good."

"I'll switch Allie for Liam." He offered. "No." I said unwillingly. Taylin looked at me then back at Liam. "You guys would make such a cute couple!"

Something. Somewhere in the back of my head agreed.