Chapter Ten - Giving in to Temptation

Start from the beginning

Wait, if this was Vincent's home that meant his pack could be here!

Oh god. Her nerves hit her like a train. What if they didn't like her? Pressing against his arm she glanced around, expecting to see wolves running through the mist.

Opening a side gate Vincent lead her inside. There were several buildings, with the largest centered at the front, gathered around a massive courtyard. Despite the darkness and Gothic design the housing had a welcoming feel to it. Yet, the compound was completely deserted, dried leaves crunching under her feet.

Vincent paused, sniffing the air again, before guiding her towards the main house. With each step she felt his body grow tense and agitated. By the time he escorted her inside his mood had turned cold and distant.

Releasing her hand he strode through the halls with purpose, Eve half-jogging just to keep up with his long strides.

Her eyes darted, trying to take in her surroundings as they went. "Vincent?"

"Yes, Evelyn?" he asked curtly.

Biting her lip she debated on pestering him with questions. They entered what appeared to be the main hall with a wide marble staircase. A large painting of a woman in a blue Victorian style dress caught her eye. Before she could stop herself she blurted, "Who's that?"

Vincent glanced at the painting, his face unreadable. "My mother."

"She's beautiful," Eve breathed. She could see where Vincent got his dark looks.

"Yes, she was."

"Vincent...?"

Pausing on the first step of staircase Vincent turned to face her, his eyes narrow and dark. "Just fucking ask me, Evelyn," he snapped.

Sucking in a breath she asked in a rush, "Where is your pack?"

His jaw ticked. "I don't have one, not anymore."

What did that mean? "Were they killed?"

"No," he stated firmly. "Not all of them anyway."

"Oh..." She frowned in confusion.

As if reading her mind he bit out, "I was exiled."

"Exiled?" she repeated. "Why?"

Slashing his hand through the air he snarled. "That's enough for now."

"Alright." Eve wasn't about to push him. Vincent appeared furious, his body tense and shaking, his fists clenched at his sides. Obviously she had approached a sore subject with him. She needed to distract the wolf and quick. Walking towards him slowly she asked casually, "So, you live here alone?"

He eyed her wearily, as if she'd suddenly grown a pair of fangs. "Aye."

Vincent lived in this big house all by himself. Her heart ached for him, imagining him wandering the dark halls with no one to care for him. Forcing back tears she tapped her finger on a side table. "And you have electricity?"

"Aye, it's completely modernized."

That caught her attention. She perked up, giving him an exited look. "Does that mean you have running water?"

His head cocked to the side, a feral grin spreading across his face. His eyes turning blue he stalked towards her, his entire demeanor switching from cold and distant to hot and sexy. "And a bathtub you would die for."

Licking her lips she took a step back, bumping into a lamp. Reaching behind her Eve just stopped it from tipping over. "Is that so?"

"Mmm...." Wrapping an arm around her waist he hauled her up in a blink, tossing her over his shoulder.

Eve let out a squeal, the lamp crashing to the floor. "Vincent!"

"Hush," he ordered roughly.

"But-"

His hand came up, slapping her backside. She just bit back a moan. That should not have felt so good.

Practically leaping up the stairs he carried her into a master suite. The design was completely masculine, with dark mahogany and over-sized furniture, and she knew it was his room.

I'm in Vincent's room. Holy crap, I'm in a werewolf's bedroom! And not just any werewolf - a hot dominant half-naked werewolf.

Heading into the master bath he deposited her on the vanities granite countertop. Bracing his hands on either side of her Vincent nipped at her bottom lip before ordering roughly, "Stay."

Rooted in place she watched breathless as he went to a massive bathtub, turning on the water. Checking the temperature he returned for her, tugging off the blanket around his waist as he went.

For a moment she forgot how to breathe.

How could one man be so perfect?

Her eyes trailed down his body, his sculpted abs and pecs flexing with each step. She was helpless not to follow the trail of crisp black hair over his abdomen and down his navel. When her gaze landed on his straining erection her tongue darted out, licking her lips.

Vincent made a harsh sound. "Fuck, Evelyn. You're looking at me like you want to suck my cock between those pretty lips."

Her eyes shot back up to his face as her cheeks lit on fire with embarrassment. "I...I wasn't...." Oh, hell.

Vincent smirked, those blue eyes burning. "As much as I'd fucking love it, I don't have the restraint right now."

"Oh..." She should not be disappointed....She was totally disappointed!

Lifting her off the counter Vincent set her on her feet. Then he untied her scarf, tossing it on the floor. Her jacket followed. Dropping down he slipped off her boots and socks. Eve stood completely still, nervous and unsure. She didn't have any idea of what she was supposed to do. She wasn't even sure what was happening.

Standing to his full height Vincent kicked aside her boots, backing her up against the counter. The look on his face was so primal and hot it made her ache. No one had ever looked at her like that.

Her hands came up, pressing against his chest. He shuddered, hissing in a breath. "You have no idea of how badly I want to turn you around and fuck you over this counter."

The ache in her body grew so intense so quickly she nearly collapsed. "Y-You do?" Why did this wolf want her so badly? It was as if he couldn't keep his hands off her. In all her life she'd never been shown the slightest interest by the opposite sex.

"Aye." Vincent slipped off her glasses, setting them on the counter. The world blurred.

She scowled, blinking rapidly.

"I don't want you to break them," he explained huskily.

"But...now I can't see."

He groaned, the sound low and strained. "Killing me." Gripping her shoulders he spun her around. "Lift your arms."

She did, her eyes growing heavy at his rough commanding tone. His big hands pulled up her dress, sliding it up her hips and over her head and arms. Tossing it on the floor he unbraided her hair, the act seeming so intimate. Her body was shaking, acutely aware that she was dressed only in her bra and panties with an aroused and naked werewolf pressed behind her.

"Vincent," she whispered brokenly. Her body was aching and empty and she couldn't stand it.

Running his fingers through her hair Vincent nuzzled the top of her head, breathing deeply. "Your scent," he grated, "gets me so fucking hard." As if to prove his point he pressed against her, his erection like steel against her back, the tip wet with pre-cum.

She whimpered.

"I love that sound," he rumbled. Leaning down he rasped low in her ear, "I'm a man of my word, Evelyn. I told you the next time you gave me a bath you'd enjoy it more."

AN: AHHH!! I left you all on a cliff -hanger of all cliff -hangers. I am so evil!