Chapter Thirty-Five - Submission

AN: My belated Christmas present to you!! I'd planned to post it earlier but went to see the new Star Wars movie instead. I regret nothing! It. Was. Awesome!! <3 <3 <3

Submission

Hearthshire courtyard was bustling with activity. Eve sighed happily, watching two young pups scurry by the fountain, Mags chasing them with outstretched hands.

Grinning Eve watched her cousin. The seer whizzed by, pretending to be a scary beast of some sort as she chased a small girl with curly black hair.  

"I'm going to get you, my pretty," Mags cackled.

The little girl squealed in delight, running off to hide.

Eve laughed, glad that her aunt was off on business - which as far as she was concerned meant more scheming. Mags was such a joy, once one got used to the odd behavior and ramblings. Eve loved Levina, but the older mystic was far too meddlesome.

Enjoying the warm sun she made her rounds. Her mind was filled with the connections of her pack. Over the past few weeks more members had joined, family and mates finally able to reunite with their loved ones. Children played happily with omega's as the rest of the pack ran drills with Stephan and a freshly cured Mordecai.

Pausing Eve watched the two werewolves bark orders. Stephan big and burly, Mordecai lean and hard. They were both in their element, born leaders and experienced fighters, fitting into their roles as Beta's perfectly. Just like Stephan, she'd felt immediate affection for Mordecai. He was rough and stern, the opposite of Stephan's easy nature, but somehow that fit.

As if sensing her thoughts Mordecai glanced her way and gave her a curt nod. Stephan caught her eye and took it a step further, grinning like a fool and tossing her a salute. Shaking his head Mordecai slapped Stephan on the back of the head. The burly werewolf laughed loudly, turning back to the pack.

She couldn't help but giggle at their antics.

If only Vincent would hurry up and come home! Life would be perfect.

"Thinking of me?" Vincent mused from her mind.

Eve smirked. "Actually, yes. Did you find her?"  

"I did. You ready to fuck yet?"

Eve stumbled over her feet, nearly falling flat on her face. "Oh my god, Vincent!"

"I'll take that as a yes."

Raising her head to the sky she shook her head. "You know we can't." 

He growled. "Because of what happened last time? I told you I could handle it."

She couldn't believe they were having this argument now. Again! Just a touch from Vincent sent her powers into overdrive, he knew that. Sex was downright dangerous. "We had a vortex of black smoke in the bedroom. I nearly blew the damn roof off!" 

He snorted."How can you bear my pups if we don't fuck?" 

Part of her softened. "Who knows when that will happen. That could be centuries from now."

"I'm sure a good long fucking will speed it along," he said huskily.

Her stomach clenched. Damn him! "Not going to happen."

"We are on our way now." He added sternly, "Tonight, Evelyn."

"Arg!" She snarled, stomping her foot. Several pack members paused to look at her. Blushing she waved her hand, ducking behind a bush.