"You're going to wish you hadn't done that, Sophie," he said. Blood was running down his chest and dripping onto the floor. He kept getting closer and closer to me. I held up the knife, but he hit it away like last time. He grabbed me by the neck and threw me onto the bed. "You said you would behave, Sophie."

"Get away from me!" I screamed. He came over to the bed and pulled me over to him by my leg. "No!"

He put both of his hands on my neck and started to squeeze. He began to squeeze harder and harder, and I tried to get away. I was beginning to lose consciousness. He whipped his head to the side when someone kicked the door open. He let go of my neck and backed away from me.

I sat up, coughing, and holding my neck. People were pointing flashlights and guns towards Ricky, telling him to stand down. I saw a familiar face come through the door, and I instantly felt safer.

"Sophie, are you okay?" Detective White entered the room and ran over to me. When I nodded, he guided me off the bed and out of the room. I took one last look at Ricky, who was handcuffed and on the floor with a police officer padding him down, making sure he had no weapons on him.

When we got outside, I saw a bunch of police cars, an ambulance, and some SWAT vans. Detective White led me down the stairs and took me over to the ambulance. I sat down in the back and turned to him.

"How'd you find me?" I asked. My voice sounded hoarse, and I was still trying to catch my breath. The paramedic motioned me to get on the gurney behind me. I sat on it and let them examine me.

"Your friend Justin came to the police department. He said that you'd been taken by that guy who'd been stalking you. He said you were in a remote beach house, away from civilization. We've been looking for you for two days, Sophie."

The paramedic wrapped a blanket around me, keeping me warm.  "Where's Justin?" I asked.

"He's in the hospital right now. He had two broken ribs and a concussion. He's recovering well, though."

Justin was in the hospital? "It's all my fault..."I whispered, beginning to cry.

Detective White came and sat beside me. "No, Sophie. This is not your fault. None of this is your fault."

I looked up at the front door and saw Ricky, handcuffed, and being led down the stairs. When he was at the bottom he saw me and smiled.

"I love you, Sophie. We will be together again, soon," he said, walking past me. I stared at him, shaking.

"No, we won't," I said back at him. I watched as they put him in the back of a police car. He was still staring at me through the window until Detective White turned me away.

"They want to take you to the hospital and make sure everything is okay. We called your mom and she is on her way home tonight," he said. I nodded and watched as the police car with Ricky inside drove away.

"What's going to happen to him?" I asked.

"He'll probably go into a mental institution or jail. Whatever the jury decides in the end," he answered.

"Thank you," I said, looking at him. He nodded and helped me into the back of the ambulance. I waved at him and mouthed Goodbye, and then they shut the ambulance doors, taking me to the hospital.

~

I sat on the hospital bed, letting the nurses check me out. They took tests, asked me how I felt and hooked me up to an IV. They told me I had some bruised ribs and some internal bleeding, but other than that I was okay, besides the huge black eye I had and bruises all over my body.