Chapter Four

After Phil and I left the police station, we decided to grab a bite to eat for supper. I pulled out my phone and checked the time as we slid into a Taxi.

"Oh my God Phil it's already 10:30." I said, chuckling lightly.

"What?! We were there for like... four hours. That's crazy!" He replied, pulling his phone out and holding it.

My anxiety was still slightly spiked from all the questions. We had never been caught before. Way too close of a call for my liking.

From the start of all this, I had always wondered what it's like to be Phil in these sintuations. He was hard to figure out, yet sometimes I insisted on trying. I just want to know what goes on inside of his head...

-Phil's POV-

I stared blankly out of the window, watching the lights go by. It was all I could do to keep myself calm. I'm never good in stressful situations. On the outside maybe, but the entire time I was completely torn up inside.

Honestly I never liked the idea of hurting someone. I never enjoyed the idea of murder. It was horrible to me, actually. Something about seeing Dan the first time shocked me. Traumatized me. But the second time... I don't know... something just clicked, I guess.

I'm like a tag along for Dan. Whenever he goes on his little sprees, I just go along with him. I can click my psychotic thoughts on and off when I need to.

I just wished I could click my anxious thoughts on and off...

-Dan's POV-

We stepped out into the cold night, the lights of the city illuminating the world around us. We had decided to stop at a small café, and grab some coffee and dinner.

We stepped into the warm, inviting environment to see it was completely empty. Thank God, just what we needed.

We both sat down at a Booth near the back, and took a quick look over the menus. A waiter came over and smiled down at us.

"What can I get you two gentleman tonight?" She asked in a perky, but slightly sleepy voice.

"I'll just take a coffee with cream to drink." I replied, still looking over at the menu and eyeing a plate of chicken.

"I'll take the same, please." Phil replied to her, softly.

"Do you need a moment to look over the menu?" She asked.

"Yes please." I confirmed, looking up and giving her a smile. She looked so tired, her sandy blonde hair messily fallen around her head that had been in a bun.

As we were looking over our menus in silence, the door opened. Neither of us looked up. But without warning, a girl popped up beside the table with a wide grin on her face.

"HI! Wow what a conscience I'd be coming to the same Café as you two! Haha!" She said.

It was Holly. She must've followed us here. I appreciated what she had done for us, but following us was a bit too far.

"Sooo... can I sit with you guys? I'll only be here for a little while." She said, smiling brightly and putting her hands up to her mouth.

"Uh, yeah, sure." I said, looking over at Phil who gave me a "I dunno" sort of look.

She sat down beside Phil, and carefully skimmed over a menu for a few moments before pushing it aside.

"You know, if you really want me to I can buy for us all because daddy gives me a really good allowance and I'd be more than glad to pay for you!" She inquiried, smiling at us both.