Chapter 2: Waking Up

Tweet, tweet, tweet....

Sunset-orange cracked open.

Tsuna blinked his eyes to focus them.

'...Where...?'

The brunet felt something clutched in his hand; he looked at it and sighed softly. He saw Reborn's fedora, dirtied slightly with blood.

"It wasn't a dream, huh?"

He laughed bitterly as he slowly sat up.

Tsuna let his eyes drift around the room.

'Hm...nothing I'm familiar with...except Reborn's fedora.'

The brunet swung his legs over the bed he was apparently on.

'This place looks like a dump...'

Tsuna brushed a hand to his stomach and found that his wound was gone--every wound was gone.

The brunet found a balcony entrance and walked out.

He closed his eyes for brief second since his eyes were assaulted by the new lighting.

Slowly, he cracked them open and blinked in surprise.

With his sharp eyes, he quickly found that he was in Japan now, judging by the the signs and people roaming about.

He rubbed his temples, trying to sort out this new information as he went back into his room.

He sighed softly before noticing a worn-out notebook on his nightstand; he picked it up and briefly ran a hand over the cover before opening it.

01/0316
H-Hello again, it's me--Dame-Tsuna again.

The brunet raised an eyebrow at the entry and continued to read.

I-I'm starting a new j-job at a school--they're trying to find some teachers. It's a school full of elites, s-so I'm quite nervous!

Tsuna couldn't help but snort and stifle some laughter.

Whenever he saw or heard the word 'elite' he would immediately think about Nezu-Sensei, who was quite the irritating b*****d.

Tsuna calmed down as he continued to read.

02/17/16
I-It's impossible! S-Something happened to the moon! I-I thought it was just m-my imagination, but the moon has been staying as a crescent for nearly a month now!

Tsuna blinked in surprise and reread the words to make sure he wasn't reading it wrong.

The brunet then walked briskly to the balcony and looked up at the sky; the sun was slowly rising, but the night was still there.

Tsuna narrowed his sharp eyes as he spotted the crescent moon; he widened them when he found that the moon was, indeed, wrong.

A gigantic chunk of the moon was missing.

Tsuna furrowed his eyebrows as he looked back at the journal in his hand once more.

03/12/16
Class E...I'm very worried for them. I-I heard that they become slaves in that separate class. They're 'E' for 'End', but I don't th-think that's v-very nice...

Tsuna tilted his head curiously before chuckling.

'Right now...I'm guessing that I'm in a parallel world...' He smiled slightly. 'Looks like this 'me' is caring for the students...'

03/24/16
Teaching c-class isn't s-so bad...

Tsuna frowned when he saw tear stains on the folder paper, along with some dried blood...

I-I don't know wh-what to think...
T-Teaching them is j-just...challenging...
...
Would anyone miss me if I died?

Tsuna winced at the words; he felt the pain and bitterness flowing from them.

04/13/16
....I've decided.
No one would want me to be here anymore.
I think it's better if I...leave this world.
I'm sorry Mama--I didn't grow up to be a great man, which you wanted me to be on your last breath.
And Papa--no, Iemitsu.
I hope you're d*** happy with your new wife.
...
...Goodbye.

Tsuna clenched the notebook tightly; he saw the blood staining the corner of the page.

His sunset-orange eyes drifted warily to the blood-stained scalpel on his nightstand.

'I see...'

Tsuna closed 'his' journal and noted how his undershirt was stained with dry blood around the heart area.

The brunet sighed and glanced at the clock.

'I guess I'll take on 'your' job for now...'

~~

Tsuna whistled cheerfully as he walked down the streets, ignoring the gawking faces.

"Dame-Tsuna's in a suit!"

"No way! He must've stole it!"

"Is that a fedora? It makes him look..."

"...Kinda hot?"

"No way! That's Dame-Tsuna! He can't be hot!"

The brunet twirled Reborn's fedora on his index finger, smiling softly.

"As a mafia boss, you must learn to be happy for your family--no matter what the situation."

At the memory, Tsuna grinned.

'I'll do my best for you, Mina!'

~~

Everyone continued to stare at Tsuna as he started to call out for his students; the brunet was apparently taking care of Class D.

Suddenly, the speakers were turned on, and a cheerful voice came through.

"Can Sawada Tsunayoshi report to the Board Chairman's office? That is all."

The speaker was shut off before murmurs spread throughout the class; some were snickering.

"Looks like Dame-Tsuna will finally be sent to Class E to teach~"

"Awesome! Now we won't have to see Dame-Tsuna anymore! Hahaha!"

Tsuna ignored the comments and exited the room, tugging Reborn's--now his--fedora down slightly.

~~

Knock, knock.

"Enter."

Tsuna took his fedora off as he entered the office.

Icy, silver-brown clashed with warm sunset-orange.

The brunet was inwardly tensing as he smiled outwardly.

"Konichiwa, Board Chairman."

The man, Asano Gakuho, smiled coldly at Tsuna.

"Maa, Tsunayoshi-kun, didn't I tell you to call me 'Asano-san'?"

The brunet laughed sheepishly in return.

"Gomenasai, Asano-san--it seems that I have forgotten..."

Gakuho raised an eyebrow as he continued to smile.

"You seem...different..."

Tsuna simply smiled in return.

"I've been hearing that a lot recently."

Silence fell onto the two as they gazed at each other silently.

Gakuho continued to smile before speaking.

"I'm going to be sending you to a different classroom to teach."

Tsuna tilted his head curiously at the other.

Gakuho laced his fingers in front of his face.

"I will be sending you to Class E."