Chapter 9: Baseball

Tsuna looked at the silver baseball bat in his hand.

He swung it at 300 mph, and it suddenly turned into a sword--an Anti-Sensei one; the brunet smiled fondly at it.

"Looks like it works..."

Tsuna had created the sword that Takeshi once used before he got an actual katana from Tsuyoshi.

Reborn gave the katana-bat to the ravenet before even Mukuro appeared.

Tsuna sighed softly at the memories as the katana slowly turned back into a bat.

The brunet had actually seen Sugino playing with a baseball from time to time.

And since the boy wanted to assassinate Koro-Sensei...Tsuna thought it would be an interesting present for the boy.

~~

"Ts-Tsuna-Sensei...what's with the bat?"

Everyone stared at the brunet with caution.

Even if his right hand was injured, he could be equally dangerous with his left hand.

Ryoma found out a day after the Itona Incident; he thought that Tsuna was right-handed.

Turns out that the brunet could be ambidextrous--Tsuna hit Ryoma with another piece of chalk with his left hand from across the room when he found out that Ryoma was bullying again.

That was another reason why the class was a bit more wary of him--'the Chalk of Justice'.

The students called it that for fun.

But now...Tsuna had a bat.

He could already possibly knock an average person out with a piece of chalk--what could he do with a baseball bat?

Tsuna continued to smile before walking up to Sugino, who gulped audibly.

It was currently a break period, and everyone was wandering the hallways.

'Eeeeeh!?  Nani!?  What have I done to deserve this!?  Could it be for eating his coffee hard candies when he wasn't looking!?  Or--!'

"Sugino-kun~!"

The dark-haired bluenette closed his eyes and waited for impact.

After a few seconds of nothing, the teen slowly opened his eyes and blinked in surprise at the silver bat in front of him.

Tsuna smiled brightly.

"I don't really know when your birthday is, but I saw that you liked baseball."

The bluenette picked the bat up from the brunet's hands and stared at it with amazement.

"Wow!"

He did a few practice swings.

"It has the perfect weight in swings, but..."

Sugino looked at the ground, flushing slightly out of shame; Tsuna raised an eyebrow.

"'But'?"

"I'm no good--"

Flick.

"Ittei!"

Sugino held his forehead with one hand, looking at the brunet with bewilderment.

Tsuna had a disapproving look on his face.

"So?  Then take a break if you have to--never overwork yourself when you're trying to get better at something."  'If you do...you might break your arm...'