44. Borderline Sparks

Months later, I'd managed to free myself of the oddity of the visions I'd had, and wanted nothing to do with, but couldn't seem to escape. I wanted to relax, and so I decided maybe it was a good time to pay Miko a visit.

        I sat down and focused on Miko. After two unsuccessful minutes of trying to contact her, I gave up and settled on getting some rest of my own.

        ~~~

        My dream took me to the hall of some Cybertronian building, while it was still intact. It was beautiful and gracious, adorned with decorations of every sort. I stood there with JumpStart, in a private meeting no one else knew about. “You know I love you, don’t you?” As much as they should've, his words didn't shock me in the least.

        “Of course I do, Jay,” I replied gently.

        “And you love me again?”

        I smiled. His rare insecurities were endearing to the large, powerful mech. “I never stopped.”

        He pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms protectively around me. “I thought I’d lost you.”

        It hurt me that he had thought that, but I didn't know why. “I know, but you know why it had to be me and not you,” I murmured against his chassis.

        “Well now I do. But thinking I’d lost you in the meantime . . .” He shuddered. It was actually comical and made me smile; that and the warmth of his body. “I’d rather have been ShockWave’s guinea pig.”

        My smile grew a bit at his words. “And have him mess up your pretty faceplate? I don’t think so.”

        Jay laughed. These moments were so rare when he was vulnerable. “I missed you, Star.”

        ~~~

        I opened my optics warily. I was on Cybertron, yes, but JumpStart was most definitely not here with me. I was so confused and just a tad frustrated at what I couldn't comprehend. “What I would give to have normal dreams,” I muttered groggily.

        A voice replied to me; and I hadn't expected it at all. “And what would you give?”

        I sat up in rush, my spark pounding out of my it’s chamber as I looked at an unfamiliar face tending a very controlled campfire and barely giving me a second thought. She didn't even look my way. “Who on fiery Cybertron are you?” I demanded loudly. It was a little rude, yes, but this Cybertronian had snuck up on me while I was asleep and started a campfire of all things. Those flames were still beyond unnerving. Manners weren’t exactly in my repertoire at the moment.

        “Name’s Aura,” she offered. “Cybertron’s princess. Well, former princess, really. Not much left to rule here, after all.” Amazingly, she was completely unfazed by my outburst and had yet to even look at me. Since I was awake, anyway. I had no idea if she’d been watching me during my recharge.

        “Affiliation?” I asked sharply, keeping my optics firmly on her. I had to know what she was. If she was a ‘Con . . . Well that was problem.

        “Huh?” That got her attention, at least. She looked at me, slightly puzzled, and then it clicked. “Oh. Autobot, of course. It’s been a while since I’ve been asked that.”

        I was relieved enough to relax a bit and readjust myself so that I sat more comfortably. “So why are you here?” I thought I was the only one crazy enough to come here.