Chapter 16: Aspirations

Start from the beginning

I grasp his arm, chuckling, "I'm just kidding."

He doesn't seem moved.

"Jake, I'd also like to apologize for locking myself into the bathroom," I say, rubbing his arm, "And I'm sorry for appearing in your sex dreams."

As he faces me, I notice his entire neck and face is completely red. "Don't apologize for that."

"Aw, Jakie," I tease, "You're still blushing."

He awkwardly looks away. "Shut up."

I place my hand on the side of his face. "It's really cute how embarrassed you're becoming. I never knew you as a blusher, Jake—"

"So, what do you aspire to become?" he changes the subject.

I snort, "Now you want to talk?"

He pinches my waist. "Answer the question."

An idea comes to my head. "Jake, would you still like to kiss?"

He shrugs. "Well, yes, but not if you don't want—"

"Let's just ask each other questions and for each question, let's kiss," I suggest, "That way, we're both happy."

An expression of surprise shows on his face. "Really?"

"Yeah," I reply, "It's not like I don't want to kiss you."

He smiles. "Rico, we don't have to. We can just talk—"

I cut him off by kissing him. "—and kiss," I finish, "Besides, you're an amazing kisser."

"Am I?" he asks in shock.

I nod. "You're the best kisser." I add, "Let's talk in here; that way neither of us can lock ourselves in here." I sit against the wall and Jake follows suit.

"How am I the best when I'm your first kiss?" he inquires, facing me.

I titter, "You're not my first. I had my first kiss in ninth grade."

His face falls. "With whom?"

"With Sid Ashir," I answer.

He specifies, "Sid as in Siddhartha?"

"Yeah," I respond, "But he moved to boarding school that year." I remember him always talking to me in Music Club and sitting by me at lunch. Because of his name, he was called Siddhartha Gautama, which he hated, since he wasn't a Buddhist. He went by Sid but no one else seemed to get the memo. One day in the restroom before the club meeting, he randomly admitted his feelings for me and kissed me on the spot. I was taken aback and couldn't focus through the meeting. It didn't help that he kept looking at me. Things between us grew more awkward and awkward. Then, the next week, I was informed that he had moved schools.

"Were you two close?"

I shrug. "I guess we were, but we only knew each other for that short amount of time he was in school."

"Do you miss him?"

I reply, "Yeah." I add, "I just miss having him around, because he was one of the fewest people to accept me for who I am. Sid was open with me and along with Luciana, he was another good friend."

"Did you like him?"

I shook my head. "Not in that way. I mean, he was nice and cute but he was like a brother to me."

"Do you still keep in contact with him?"

"The last time I talked to him was in tenth grade over skype."