Chapter 6

Katia's POV

The nurse, she ate him. What if she eats me as well? I need to find a way out of here. But what should I do. I looked at Priscilia, she was talking to herself, Julia lied on her lap.

"Katia, is it you? Come inside, we're going to have a nice little conversation." She looked towards me but it seemed as if she couldn't see me clearly. The only way for me to be safe from the Nurse Cannibal, was by being in those chambers, she rarely entered them. Maybe she thought that the crazy ones are one of them. I entered the chamber. Julia was lying there-no movement, maybe she fell asleep. Priscilia sat in an upright posture, she seemed the most sensible and sane. I sat next to her. She wore a pale white gown, her hair were a mess. Her bony cheeks and dark eyes could show that she was ill. She began talking.

"Hello Katia! Are you one of us, now?" she asked in a loud voice.

"What do you..." she interrupted me.

"You know, in the beginning I felt a lot dizzy, I would want to just rest. Then I would always feel like eating something sweet. I knew I was infected, my maid... I touched her by mistake, and then it all began. It surely has its let-downs. You can't see things clearly- blurred. You can't hear anything, and then you have this urge to eat... chew, there is this unquenchable thirst. We want to live, we infect others so our race survives, just like the Aryans. You see we never meant to harm anyone, we wished to do this peacefully, these...these humans they were compelling, we had to show our strength. We will never harm our own. And when everyone will be like us" she started laughing "NO ONE will be."

This freaked me out, she still had no idea that I wasn't infected. But weren't they right, world peace, NO, NO, I need to find a way out. I looked out of the chambers, the nurse was gone. This was my only time to do something, I don't know what, but something. I cautiously sneaked out of the chambers and ran towards the electric room, where all the electronics of the asylum, the lights could be controlled. The nurse saw me running, she was following me. I reached towards the room and switched off all the lights from the main circuit board. The lights went off and it was pitch black. The nurse stopped there, she couldn't see where I was. While I knew where she was because... I was standing right next to her. I could feel her heavy breaths. I covered my mouth so she couldn't And then I just walked away from her, slowly and quietly. I controlled myself, I wanted to cry but also I felt like laughing. I had no idea where I stood, it was pitch black. I stood, waiting and listening to movements, that gave me some idea as to where the nurse was.

I couldn't hear anything and then... something held my feet. A hand, the grip was tight and I screamed in fear. It was Priscilia...