Chapter 4

Katia's POV

We kept on walking towards the hospital, I had no idea where it was. All of my attention was towards her... the way she ate that waffle, like a hungry lone wolf, who hasn't eaten for a long time. We walked and walked and walked. She had eaten all that was left in the plate and was about to throw the plate when the garbage-man brought his hand forward and took the plate. It was as if he knew, she was about to throw it and that she knew he was standing there, waiting for her to finish. I couldn't understand what was happening.

"HOME FOR THE SPECIAL"

It was an ASYLUM!

" Let us meet my grandmother." she said. For the Julia whom I knew of, never called her grandmother, grandmother. She surely had gotten into something bad. REAL bad. We entered the asylum. My heart was beating hard, as if it was about to tear apart. She kept on walking while I stood there with my legs trembling with fear. The asylum was horrifying. Their were blood stains on the dark walls and the dirty floor. Rats were feeding on something, a cat I guess. It stunk like rotting carcass. I felt like puking but looking at the filth on the floor, I couldn't. I slowly kept on walking, Julia went out of sight. There was this nurse, she was staring at me the whole time. Even though she was working on the computer, her fingers pressed the keys louder, the glare she gave me was even worse.

I tried not to look at her and kept on walking through the eerie passage. There were gate on the either side of the passage. They were pitch black. In one of them, was an old woman sitting, she was surrounded by candles and was murmuring something. As if she was chanting. She was into some serious witchcraft. While on the left was another woman, she looked young and normal, until she stared at me and a young boy from behind ran towards me and hit the grills that stopped him from hurting me. He had blood on his neck, he fell down and may.... maybe he was dead. Maybe she murdered him. I jumped to the other side, when another old woman clutched me and said,

"Come, give your grandmother a kiss", it was Priscilia, Julia's grandmother, Julia was lying on the floor at the corner and was singing something, something like a lullaby. I saw the nurse enter the woman's locker who murdered the boy. She was angry and irritated.

"Look, what a mess you have created." She shouted loudly and then she did something that made me cry. She took an ax and hit it on the woman several times and was repeating the same thing.

"I told you to listen to me, be quiet, be quiet." She killed the woman who was shouting with fear and pain. I began weeping. I covered my face so that she couldn't hear me. It was quite for a second, I knew she heard me so I hurriedly wiped my tears and acted as if nothing happened. She looked at me with blood on her face and her blood soaked uniform and then walked away. I looked at Julia, and when I had the chance I tried to run away from there. But as soon I was about to get out of the asylum a man came in front of me.

"Were you trying to run away?" He asked while grinning. I wiped my tears and said nothing. Just looked away.

"I can help you, call me Himeros." he continued. Could it be that this man was my savior? He looked all neat and clean and acted normal,the way people used to be before it happened.

But what was about to happen afterwards, I had no idea of...