Chapter 3

( One Week Time Lapse )

Katia's POV

"Oh! I totally forgot, I need to check my grandma, she's in the hospital, she needed special treatment, so cud u come with me, meet at my house." Julia texted me on my phone. I tried to forget about the incident, but still had its faintest of memory. Something was wrong about her grandmother, she was different. I mean she stopped hearing anything, just sat and watched the static in the T.V. She surely gave me creeps. But I still went with Jules, because I would be just standing outside, I mean that is what you do to a person who grins at you, IGNORE him or her, duh! So I wore my white cardigan, blue Forever 21 top and Levi's jeans, Comfy! I stepped out of my house and people were weird, all of them were staring at me, at first I thought maybe there's something on my top or cardigan, nothing. Then I started feeling weird, people would walk past me and push me, acting as if they did it by mistake. One, two people- By mistake. Three, four, everybody... they indirectly were trying to harm me.

It was as if the night of 31 October was recurring. I began walking faster just to reach Julia's house. While I was about to knock on her door, she opened it, right at that moment. Weird as if she was waiting for me to come, as if she was looking at me through the window, as if she was keeping an eye on every single movement I made.

"Shall we go, then?" she said hastily. She opened the creaking door, opened it enough, so that she could squeeze out. The door shut on its own as if there was a lot of weight on the other side of it. After it shut, I saw a blurred image. It was...wa...was... a hand. A hand with blood on it. The blood stained the translucent glass. The hand had a black bracelet on it. It was possible that only one person could it be... Julia's mom, Cynthia. At first, I thought of running away from Julia,

How could she kill her own mother?

But, there were others as well staring at me, I couldn't do anything.

What if they were waiting for me to run, maybe then they would've attacked me.

We began walking. I would look at Jules... I can't even call her that. I would look at Julia and smile and then act as if I knew of nothing. I would talk about the latest season of The Impractical Jokers or The Game of Thrones. While I was talking, Julia went to order waffles, I saw the way she added the caramel, she kept on adding and adding, as if she was obsessed with sweet. This was my only possible opportunity, I took out my phone and dialed 911 to call the police and tell them about the murder.

All I heard was the beeping of the tone. They didn't pick up the phone. I kept on calling them but no one picked up the phone. I tried again until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned back it was Julia, she gave a deathly glance.

"Whom were you calling, Kat ?" she asked.

No just my mom. I tried to change the topic. What's with the caramel, I asked.

"Nothing, just an obsession." she replied and we continued walking.

At this point of time, my heart was beating at the speed of light. The only person beside whom I felt safe now made me fear her. She would eat and then look at me for a second, and then smile. I could sense that the Julia whom I knew, was long dead, but all I thought of was that what made her do this to her mother, and what did she want with me...