Chapter 42 ~ Off My Mind

Start from the beginning

We held each other for a good five minutes, before I let go, knowing that Harry needed to leave.

"You'll need to get going now." I commented and he nodded.

"Just know that I love you, okay?" He said, wholeheartedly.

"I know and I love you too." I smiled, leading him to the door as he picked up his bag.

"I'll see you in a few days, Gemma will come around later and please call me as soon as you've got your phone." He implored and I nodded.

"I will." I promised as he gave one last hug before he left.

As I watched him leave, I wondered just how long it would be until he could make us happen properly, until we no longer had to be a secret and until I could walk to the shops without having to hide. I knew it could be months, a year even, but I stayed.

I wanted to see this through.

~

A knock at the door sounded as I got up from my place on the sofa where I was watching the Big Bang theory, to find Gemma, like Harry promised.

"Hey, Jade." She smiled, giving me a small wave.

"Hey." I smiled, letting out a breath of relief at the thought of having her company.

Letting her in, I closed the door behind her, leading her into the living room where she sat down on the sofa.

"I've got your new phone for you, I'll help you set it up if you'd like." She exclaimed, setting the carrier bag in her hands onto the sofa and pulling out a box.

"Thank you." I said, sitting down next to her.

She opened the various boxes, laying out my new iPhone, a charger, earphones, various different leaflets and a new SIM card.

"Harry said you can literally smash your old phone once this one is set up because then it'll be disconnected from them contacting you." She said, offering a sympathetic smile.

"Jade, how are you? Harry says your doing okay, but how are you really? Because this whole hiding thing must be really difficult and stressful." She added, concerned.

"Honestly, I don't know. It's so hard and even though Harry says it won't always be like this, I can't help but wonder how long it'll be. What if it's for months, years even? Management are always going to be chasing my tail, I feel like there's something we should be able to do about it, but I don't know what." I admitted, finding myself needing to confide in someone to talk to.

"Well, apparently the boys are thinking about changing managements, but they're not sure yet. There's a lot involved in the process and it could take a while, but I think that's what they're trying to do. Harry told me not to say anything yet, because he didn't want to get your hopes up, but it could happen and I feel like you should know." She explained, patting my hand gently.

"I can't imagine how difficult it must be, but you've got Harry and he won't leave you. He loves you, I can tell. He's worried about you leaving him too, but together, you can make it and I'm here for you both if you want to talk." She replied, earnestly.

"Thank you, Gemma, that means a lot." I smiled, thankful.

"It's alright, it's what I'm here for. Now let's get your phone set up so that you can enjoy smashing your old one." She chuckled as I placed the new SIM card into the phone.

Once the new phone was set up, I added Harry and Gemma's contacts and sent Harry a quick message;

My phones set up now and Gemma's here, so you don't need to worry about anything. Have a good show xx

"Now we can smash your old phone." She said, picking your old one up and throwing it against the coffee table.

"It hasn't even cracked." She mewled, sadly.

"Here, let me try."

Picking up the phone, I threw it hard against the floor as it cracked the front of the screen.

"This is actually a good way to take your stress out." Gemma laughed, picking it up and having another go herself.

After the phone was completely shattered, it made me feel much more at ease, knowing it was a new start and being able to take my stress out on something was relieving and having Gemma here really helped.

"Thank you for coming, it's been nice to be able to have company and not feel secluded in what's supposed to be my own home." I sighed and she shook her head.

"You don't have to feel that way, love, you have Harry and you also have me. How about I stay until he gets back? It'd be nice for us to spend some time together." She suggested, but I shook my head.

"You don't need to do that."

"But I want to, we can watch movies and stuff." She smiled, cheerfully.

"Alright, i-if your sure."

"I am sure, now come on, what shall we watch?" She asked, getting up to dig through the film cabinet.

I was happy that she stayed because it was nice to be able to take my mind off of what had been going on and concentrate on normality.

Maybe one day, I wouldn't be a secret anymore.

Maybe one day, the fans would be able to accept me again.

And maybe one day, I'd be able to accept myself.

I just had to wait and see it through.

>>>>

Hi everyone <3

I'm sorry for any mistakes in this chapter <3

I'm sorry if this chapter was a little messy, I tried to make it so that Jade's feelings got across, but there aren't going to be many more chapters in this book because I will soon be starting the sequel :)

'The Unintentional Secret' will be the sequel and it will concentrate a lot more in depth into their relationship, rather than management, so expect cute moments!

It will also be more about their journey together, because I feel like the books should be separate, but I will let you all know once this is finished, don't worry :)

Plus, there is still more to come in this book, I just hope I'm doing a good job with it <3

Lots of love,

Lauren xx