Between the lines

It was senior year, I couldn't figure out why the dreams had stopped, but they did.

On some level I was relieved, because maybe I could look at her now and not think about kissing her.

After sixth grade we all became the best of friends and when Aiden was at football or basketball practice Ashley and I would hang out.

If you ask me she would flirt with me but she never made a move, we came close one time in seventh grade but it didn't actually happen.

We all went to our eight grade prom together

Ninth grade year Ashley and Aiden decided they wanted to try and date but shit did that not work. They realized they were way better as friends, thank God.

After they broke up Ashley started dating random guys, never staying with one for more than three months and I'm pretty sure she slept with all of them but I couldn't say that for a fact because she never really talked about that part of her life with Aiden and I.

Weird right?

We talked about everything else.

I started dating this really cute guy named Sean my freshman year who was by the way a Junior, but we ended up breaking up my Junior year because of the whole long distance thing which I thought was total crap because he was only at San Diego State.

Anyway, we all went to junior prom together to keep our tradition. Currently Ashley is dating this guy name Boz, they've been together for about two weeks now, nothing serious.

My brothers graduated my sophomore year, and both decided to attend UCLA.

I applied there and got in but I went to Ohio State instead.

Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I never told Ashley about the dreams, in fact I never told anyone.

So senior year Ashley and I became extremely close because Aiden moved away the summer before to Atlanta with his family.

Ashley was devastated.

I was sad but I understood his dad's reason for leaving I mean come on, he was offered a position as the Head Contractor at the largest construction firm in Atlanta. He was getting paid three times the amount he was making as a contractor here in LA.

For awhile I didn't know what to say to her, she was always sad and depressed.

The only thing that cheered her up was Buffy and Ice cream.

So thats usually what we did every night that summer and most of the school year.

No one was ever at my house anyway.

After my brothers went off to college my mom and dad started having problems, my dad claimed my mom loved her job more than her family and that she was having an affair with one of the doctors so they got a divorce and he moved to San Diego last year.

I was sad about it at first but I mean what could I do.

When prom time rolled around Ashley was a little sadder than she had been the past couple months because she realized that this would be the first prom we didn't go to as a threesome.

Sean asked if I wanted him to come back to go to prom with me but I said no.

Boz asked Ashley and I was surprised when she told me that she had said no because they were the longest relationship Ashley had ever been in six months almost.

She told me that she wanted it to be just us since Aiden couldn't be there, but she still wanted to keep our tradition.

I don't think either of us expected what happened that night to happen but it did and it changed everything.