"Oh hey.." I drawled out as I avoided any eye contact. My eyes kept on looking at the ceiling, walls, floor, the couch, tiles, anything but his eyes.

"Why don't we take a seat with the others, yeah?" I shuffled on my feet, trying to buy myself time to collect my shit that is practically scattered all over the floor.

He nodded stiffly and turned towards the others with Monic and I behind him.

His back was tense and his hands were stuffed into his pockets but no one can overlook the fact that they were clenched inside those pockets.

Monic grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly and I tightened my hold on hers in a way to say thanks.

She let my hand go once we were facing the boys and we each took a seat on the carpet with our legs crossed.

"So, where should I begin?" I asked them nervously, my hand reaching back and scratching my neck awkwardly. Zac was still staring at me like I'm a dancing donkey.

"You're Pixie," He stated in wonder as he looked at me skeptically and with a calculating stare. I nodded in confirmation and his mouth popped open. I thought that was obvious? Apparently not.

"Zac." Adam interrupted sternly before turning to me and motioned for me to go on.

"Okay," I drawled out and took a deep breath, "I street fight and I go by Pixie." I stated, starting what I suspect is going to be a long speech. The words were itching to be let out and they were on the tip of my tongue but before I can continue on, I was interrupted by a loud snort.

"No shit," Zac let out, earning a sharp glare from the other two guys while Monic stifled an amused giggle. I shook my head with a humorous smile on my face.

'The boy is something else,' was all I thought, glad for the mood lifting effect before swallowing my nerves and continuing with my speech.

"I started street fighting a year ago, a month before Monic's family decided to move out of town and a month after Dom left. We had our complications and fights after-" I hesitated for a second, trying not to squeeze my eyes shut to make the memories go away and force myself to keep talking before I loose my wits to finish this so called 'well thought' speech.

"After an accident that brought despair to all of us." I finished my sentence, sighing a quiet relief breath. Jake seemed like he was going to ask about the 'accident' but Monic's hard glare shut him up just as quick.

I offered her a smile before proceeding. "After Monic and Dom left, I started going to the Underground Place more frequently, as in everyday-frequently. I loved fighting, it was something I do in my spare time and no, I didn't do it because of the money it gave me.

I made sure it all went to an orphanage nearby. I did it out of sheer pleasure. I love the thrill of the fight and the adrenaline it fills me. You would understand," I gave Adam and Zac a pointed look and they both nodded in understanding.

"What I have trouble understanding is why you, a nerd, would choose the Underground Place to fight in of all places. Why didn't you want to go to a smaller and less dangerous places? Where there are no bulky guys." Jake pointed out.

"And how you can be so good at it," Zac added in, voicing that God awful question. He just had to.

"First," I started, ready to tick off their questions, "not all nerds are push overs." I was once again interrupted. This time by Adam.

"Then why don't you fight back against Maddison and Sonia?" I furrowed my eyebrows at that. Why don't I?

If it was just Maddison, I would've answered it easily but Sonia? I've never thought about it.