"I know you like that detective guy," Donovan said lightly.

"Jax? What does that-" she stopped speaking, her silence saying more than her words could have.

"Well, he sounds like a great guy and Dolores is always raving about him. Do you have another date with him tonight?"

Dani nodded but he didn't see.

"I bet you had a great time with him last night. Did he take you to some fancy restaurant or something? Dolores said he's rich even though he's just a detective."

"We did go to a restaurant."

"Yeah, a guy like me wouldn't stand a chance against a guy like him. Anyway, I'll get to cooking these orders. You should really get back out there before Oliver sees you."

Dani didn't know what to say to Donovan. He was a nice guy and she considered him a friend, "Don't compare yourself to other people, Donovan. A date doesn't have to be at a fancy restaurant to be special. Sometimes it can turn out terrible. Do you know what really happened on our date? The date that Dolores is so eager to get news on? A group of men came in and robbed the place. We were there for hours having to give statements. One of the men even pulled me by the hair."

"Are you okay?" Donovan asked, worry in his blue eyes.

Dani shrugged, "I'm fine. I mean...I'm here aren't I?"

Donovan nodded, "Did your detective save you?"

Dani laughed while shaking her head, "No. I actually saved myself. Listen, I like you as a friend Donovan...but just as a friend. I hope you can feel the same."

Donovan gave a rueful smile before nodding, "Well I don't really have a choice when the other half is putting me in the friend-zone but I'll try. You do realize you're going to have to introduce me to another girl, right? Set me up with a hot date."

Dani giggled, "I know just the woman for you."

"You do?" Donovan asked, surprised. "Is she pretty?"

"Gorgeous and a great personality too," Dani said.

"Sounds great. What's her name?" Donovan asked.

Dani picked up the plates of food Donovan had just made and smiled, "Dolores."

-------------

The police station was a hub of activity as Jax and Roberto discussed the night prior.

"You meeting with Dani again tonight?" Roberto asked Jax who was chewing on a straw. "She still wants to date you even after last night?"

Jax rolled his eyes, "Last night was a nightmare."

"How's she doing?"

Jax frowned, releasing the plastic straw to his frozen coffee, "She said she's fine but I'm sure she's upset. That was our first date. Women remember these things, right?"

Roberto chuckled, "I would guess so. At least she's still willing to keep seeing you."

"Yeah. Those guys from last night still haven't talked?" Jax was clearly distracted as he stared at an officer handcuffing a criminal to a chair.

"Not yet. Why?"

"One of them said they knew someone who knew me. Isn't that strange?"

Roberto leaned forward, his palms resting on Jax's desk, "Didn't you bust a crazy wolf member a while back?"

Jax nodded, "That was months ago. Besides, he was on the outs with them for stealing a necklace and keeping it to himself."

"You don't think it could have a connection? They're both from the same gang. I'd check it out."