Chapter 17: Fatal

Jamaica

     I pulled up to Ahayah's house for her goodbye dinner. I was sad and all that but I kept my head held high. "Auntie this Ahayah's house?? Woooooow it's huge!" Aurora smiled big and squealed getting ready to get out. I reached in the back getting the gifts I picked up and we both got out.

     I made sure my clothes were pressed and looked neat. I wanted my last impression on Ahayah to be the best. "Auntie you're fine. You've been knowing Ahayah for a long time now. No need to do all that." Aurora laughed patting my shoulder. I slightly pushed her and walked through the door being greeted by everyone.

     All the kids hugged me and then stole Aurora from my side. "Hi Jamaica." Ahayah approached me and hugged me. "Wussup ma. These are for you." She smiled and took the gifts from me carrying them to the back.

     "Wussup y'all?" I greeted my friends; Hazel, Love, and Blue. "Damn bro. Where you been?" Blue asked. "I been coolin it.. Hiding out." I chuckled sitting down next to Hazel. She dapped me up and we sat back watching everybody.

     "So you really letting her leave bro?" Hazel asked snatching my gaze from Ahayah. "I don't have a choice bro. I messed up and she moved on. Thats that." She nodded her head and laughed. "Make me wanna settle down." She whispered getting up and heading to get a seat at the table. I followed suit and watched as Tazz and Kellita walked through the door. Holding hands smiling and cheesing.

     My eyes darted back to Ahayah who had a look of hatred on her face. But she smiled and finished setting the wrapped food on the table. I got up and followed her back to the kitchen. "Don't let it get to you." I told her laying my head on her shoulder. "I'm not.. I'm happy. Especially for them." She turned around and faced me. I locked my arms around her and leaned us on the counter.

     "Ima miss you like crazy ma." I stared in her eyes and licked my lips. "Oh yea well that's fine. Back up." I did as told and helped her carry the food back to the table. Blue caught eyes with me and shook her head. "Alright everybody the food is done!" Ahayah called. Everybody grabbed their seats and engaged in conversation.

      Not even a few minutes later some brown skinned skinny stud, with long goldish brown dreads, a mouth full of golds, and beauty mark under her bottom lip walked through the door. Blue greeted her and so did Ahayah with a kiss. "Everybody this here is Chanel. My girlfriend." Ahayah introduced. I frowned my face up and sized her up.

      "She's cuuuuute.." "like hell if I would've seen her she would've been mine..." Analaa and Kellita said laughing together. Tazz shot Kellita a unit which caused her smile to fade... I just sat there looking stupid. Hell I felt stupid.

Ahayah

     I felt like I was floating on clouds. My girlfriend here, my family here, even Jamaica here. It all felt so unreal. I uncovered all the food I cooked and watched as everyone admired it. I cooked all my favorites; Macaroni, Baked beans, rice, baked ribs, cornbread, and Collard greens. I had to end my last couple days off right.

     "I'm happy you came." I whispered to Chanel. She smiled at me and kissed my cheek. "You know I got you ma." With that being said Analaa said a prayer for the food and we dug in. "So Mrs. Chanel! I got a question." Analaa said dropping her fork. "Shoot." Chanel replied. I was kinda scared cause you never know what Analaa would say.

     "Do you plan on marrying my sister?" She asked. The whole room grew quiet and everyone turned to look at Chanel. My mouth grew dry and I couldn't breathe. "Yes I do. In a matter of time I plan on asking her to be my wife. Just not too soon." With that being said everyone let out oow's and aahh's. "Thats Wussup. Just treat her right." Jamaica spoke up. I shot her a smile and fist bumped her.