Chapter Eight - Temper's Flare

Start from the beginning

"Fuck this. I'm returning home," he snapped suddenly, storming to the bureau and snatching up his Teleportation Amulet.

Her heart dropped into her stomach. "What? You're leaving?"

"I can't stay here like this, Evelyn," he stated angrily.

"B-But, you can't leave! I promised Levina!" She felt close to panic. Why was this so upsetting? Shouldn't she be relieved? He was dangerous, and cruel, and god only knew what horrible things he'd done for the Legion.

I should be happy he's leaving.

But she wasn't.

"Vincent..."

Slipping his amulet around his neck he stalked to the door. She watched, frozen in place, expecting him to storm out and simply leave - gone from her life forever. Instead he snatched up her coat and tossed it at her. She caught it blindly.

"Get your coat and boots on."

Frowning she looked down at her coat and back up at him. "I don't understand."

Rolling his eyes he said impatiently, "I'm not leaving you here."

"But, I can't just leave. This is my home!"

Pinching the bridge of his nose he sighed. "No shit, Evelyn. I'm not taking you away forever. My home isn't safe, not right now. But I can't just wander around here for the next few months with no damn clothes and nothing to do."

"So, you're going home to get clothes?" she asked dumbly.

Vincent scowled at her sideways, blue eyes glittering. "As much as you enjoy eye fucking my body I can't stay naked until Levina returns."

She blushed straight down to her toes. "I do not!"

He gave her a knowing look. "You do and you know it."

Oh boy, busted. Feeling like a kid with her hand caught in the cookie jar she dropped her gaze. "Like I can help it," she muttered.

"What was that?" he snapped.

Waving her hand at him Eve scowled. "I mean really, look at you."

Raising his brows he walked up to her slowly, a cocky gleam in his eyes. Her back hit the wall as his hands pressed on either side of her head, blocking her in. "What about me?" he asked, his voice rough.

Licking her lips she shrugged. "You know what you look like."

He smirked. "Aye, but I want you to tell me."

Despite herself Eve's eyes traveled down his body. "You know, hot."

Vincent made a strangled sound in his throat. "You drive me mad, girl. Look at me."

Her eyes snapped up to his. They had turned bright blue again. "Your eyes have changed," she blurted.

He frowned. "Have they?"

"They keep doing that. They turn bright blue, sometimes they glow."

Leaning down he rasped, "That's because my wolf wants to fuck you."

Her jaw nearly hit the floor. "It does?"

His lips brushed against her neck as he inhaled her scent. "Mmm...you have no idea, Evelyn. You wanted to know how werewolves like to fuck. We like it hard and dirty. I'd take you against this wall right now. And I wouldn't stop until you screamed my name and came on my cock. I'd want to feel it."

Eve had to clutch at his shoulders as her knees went weak. How could he talk like that?

Reaching up Vincent fisted her hair, pulling her head back slightly. Her lips parted.

Vincent growled. "So needy." He kissed her roughly, his tongue claiming her mouth. She leaned into him, helpless not to. His other hand cupped her backside, squeezing hard and making her moan.

So good. How could this man feel so good?

When Vincent finally pulled away they were both breathing hard.

Backing up he ran a hand through his hair, clearly agitated. "Put your coat on. Or do I need to command you? I might just tell you to take your clothes off instead."

Gasping she hastily slipped on her coat, then a pair of heavy socks and her boots. Grabbing her scarf Vincent unceremoniously wrapped the knitted wool around her head and neck. "It's snowing," he rumbled.

Blushing she bit her lip; sometimes he acted so familiar with her, as if he'd known her for centuries. Had it really only been a few days since Levina had dropped the half-dead wolf on her bed?

Reaching up he tugged on her lip with his thumb, releasing it from between her teeth. "When you do that it makes me want to kiss you again, angelas," he warned.

"Oh!"

"Let's go. I want to get this over with." Opening the door he proceeded outside, still only dressed in a blanket around his waist and his boots.

Taking a deep breath she followed. The cold air and snow immediately hit her face, the wind blowing through the trees. For a moment she shut her eyes, letting the chill breeze cool her heated skin.

She needed to find some way to handle this wolf.