Stood up Reader x Portgus D. Ace

"You have got to be kidding me." I mutter under my breath. I look around the Olive Garden. I swear to god, if Gin doesn't show up for our date again I'm going to hurt him. Okay, I won't hurt him, but I'll at least think about dumping him for good this time. I make eye contact with families and other couples around the restaurant, they're all stealing glances at this poor girl who is clearly waiting for someone to show up. That certain someone how is showing her up on their tenth date.

He said he would be on time this time. He hasn't been on time for the past....nine other dates. All my friends say that he's no good for me and that I should have given up on date two. I guess they're right, but I need to find someone because the loneliness is honestly killing me. I hear a grunt from next to me. I look up happily, grinning because I thought it was Gin.

"Are you ready to order now?" The waitress says, she give me a look that is mixed with sympathy and anger. I've been sitting here for about an hour.

"Just a few minutes, honestly. He's coming." I give a small smile.

"Honey, you should just go home." She says, "I don't think he's going to come."

"He will, just a few more minutes, I promise." I look back at my phone. No new calls or texts from Gin. I sigh and glance at the menu. I should just leave, I've been here too long not to eat something. The waitress even sat me close to the door so everytime the door swings open my heart leaps thinking that Gin is going to walk through them and prove me and all my friends wrong. I smooth out my (least fave color) dress, I bought it just for him because he said he loved the color. I look in my camera to fix my (h/c) hair that was curled into loose ringlets. I hate how I'm trying so hard for someone that doesn't even fully realize that I'm alive.

I should just leave, he's clearly not coming. I take one last look at the door, and glance around at the groups of people around me. They can tell that I'm giving up on Gin. I roll my eyes and start gathering my purse together, pulling out a tip for my waitress. I'm going to give her a big one because I wasted her time. Just as I was doing this a strange man sat down across from me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry darling. The traffic getting here was insane. I feel so bad for not being able to pick you up today. There was that deadline I had to meet at the office, and my boss is really riding me lately....I'm so sorry for making you wait." The man says loudly, genuinely looking sorry for me. I nod a little looking confused. He leans in closer to me, motioning for me to do the same.

"My name is Ace. Who ever stood you up is a jerk. You're too beautiful to pass by. Let's just eat together to save you from public embarrassment." He smiles, "Okay?"

"My name is (Y/N), and thank you so much." I nod. He grins back, his raven hair shaking along with his body, slightly curling at the ends. His eyes crinkling a little at the edges. He has freckles covering his face, his black eyes looking straight at me. His attention was solely on me, like I'm the only person in the room and nothing else mattered to him. I smile at him, this strange man who was saving me.

"So how was work then? I forgot what you did." I say leaning back and fixing my hair again.

"Well, I work in management for The Whitebeard industries. Well the one downtown." He chuckles a little, the waitress comes back over.

"Ready to order?" She asked looking between me and Ace.

"Yes we are, sorry for delaying my girlfriend and holding up a table, I was running late." Ace smiles, "I'll have the spaghetti. What about you dear? You've had a longer time to look it over I guess."

"Oh yeah," I give a small chuckle, "I'll have the same actually."

"And to drink?" She asked.

"We'll have a red wine, please and thank you so much."Ace says quickly answering for me., then glances at me to see if that was okay. The waitress did too, I nodded at her and she walked away. Ace looks back at me and leans in.