Chapter Twenty-Four

Stiles (I just couldn't find it in me to write in Derek's perspective, so deal with it ;) also, not much Sterek in this chapter, I'm sorry!)

"Derek," I mumbled between his kisses, attempting to push him away. He didn't at first, but once he noticed something was wrong, he backed off immediately, his face full of worry. He now stood at a safe distance, hands folded in front of him as if he might break anything he touched. "You didn't do anything," I assured him soothingly, stepping forward and take his hand. I carefully rubbed my thumb over his knuckles and smiled. "I just think we should resume this later. Not that I don't like making out with you, because believe me, I do. But that whole uncursing me thing, well, it did a number on me and I'm really tired."

"Of course, why didn't I know that," he muttered, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, you should lay down and rest. I'll keep watch," he replied as he led me towards the bed. He carefully helped me onto the bed and covered me up with the blanket, like my mom used to do when I was little, and my dad still did when I was sick. "I'm sorry you had to go through all of this," he whispered against my cheek before he kissed it gently.

"It's not your fault," I responded, just as I felt myself drifting to sleep, Derek's warm hand in mine.

+++

I was home, in Beacon Hills at least. Somewhere out in the woods, Scott trailing behind me with his asthma, which meant he couldn't have been a werewolf. He was wheezing and forcing himself to keep going by using the trunks of trees to pull him up hills and what not. I heard him wince when his hand smacked into a thorn bush and tried to hide my snicker. "Careful there, Scott."

"Shut up," he snapped. "And slow down, dude. You know I can hardly breath right now." He looked grateful nonetheless when I stopped beside a large tree and waited for him, nonchalantly leaning against the wood and smirking in his direction. "You are the worst best friend in the history of best friends."

"Yeah, well he's a pretty great boyfriend," a voice chimed in from behind, and then two arms wrapped around my waist and a pair of lips pressed themselves to my neck.

Scott made a face as he finally caught up. "Hi, Derek."

"You're looking pretty rough there, Scotty. Are you reconsidering the bite?" Derek replied, and apparently I was okay with this, because I didn't question the man holding me against him. I could feel his smile against my skin when he buried his face in my neck and inhaled deeply. "I missed you, by the way," he whispered.

"I'll be okay," Scott replied breathlessly, holding his side. "Can we just get to your house already? I don't know why we had to walk, Stiles. This is ridiculous. Derek's house is within driving distance, not walking distance."

"I'm sorry, but my dad grounded me from my jeep and I was not going to sit on the back of that death bike you call transportation," I remarked and flashed him a grin. "But, yeah, let's go." Derek's arms left my waist and his hand was placed in mine as we walked, Scott stumbling along behind us.

We then appeared at Derek's house, Scott was gone though, and it was just Derek and I. Derek turned to face me, smiling big with his arms open. "Come here," he said softly, urging me to fall into his arms, which I did just that, hugging him closely. I squeezed him as hard as I could, like he'd disappear if I let go even a little. I buried my face in his shirt, taking in his amazing smell, which I loved. And he was just so warm.

"Stiles," he whispered, lips touching the top of my head. "I lo-"

"Get up, you idiots!" a female voice yelled in my ear, shaking me awake. I groggily sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Seriously, you're going to get caught. You're lucky I came in here before Marcus did, otherwise he'd give you another dose of amnesia, or worse. Get up," she said forcefully, first yanking on Derek, who had fallen asleep sitting beside the bed. He jumped up quickly and sighed.