Let's Change It Up a Bit

You had gone over to Dirk's place after school today. You grabbed your bag, which held your phone, laptop, chargers, clothes, and basically everything else you needed for a surprise stay-over. You walked over around 4, and Dirk was waiting for you by the time you got there. He opened the door after you knocked a few times.

"Hey________. Hope you brought your A-game tonight. You are going down."

"Ironically enough Dirk, I did bring my a-game," you said as you held up Assassin's Creed Unity "starts with the letter A, right? I made sure to bring it in case your Z-games gave me a case of the snores...I guess that's why they're called Z-games. All I see are Z's when I play them." You and Dirk were good for poking fun at each other, and you were pretty good at playing his little irony game too. Dirk chuckled at you as you put your stuff down.

"Not bad, ______, not bad at all. Anyway, I know how much you hate veggies, so I ordered you a vegetarian pizza for the action that's gonna go down tonight."

"Better hope that's lingo for pepperoni, Strider, or you'll be pulling vegetarian pizza out your wonderful hair for weeks." You smirked as you fired up the console and put on a game. Dirk only laughed and plopped down on the couch beside you as you waited for pizza to arrive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was one in the morning now. You and Dirk had pretty much done just about everything you could think to do. You had played three rounds of competitive gaming on almost every game in your possession, and Dirks. You two had tried playing the dance games on the Wii, but you soon grew bored when Dirk kept beating you, and you both had tried pizza-eating contests just to see who would win. Dirk beat you there too, but he paid the price for it hours ago.

"Man~, I think we've actually managed to burn ourselves out on our usual Friday nights..." you mumbled softly, and Dirk laughed.

"Yeah, but we did a few different things this time. I don't think I ever wanna see pizza again."

"You know you're gonna order more next Friday, Dirk." You laughed softly, and Dirk shook his head.

"Nah, can we do tacos instead? Maybe Chinese? Anything but pizza!" You laughed softly as you slouched on the couch beside him.

"Yo, Dirk?"

"Yeah, _______?"

"Why do you hang out with me? I'm a girl."

Dirk seemed a little caught off guard by your question, and looked at you through his shades.

"I see beyond gender, _______. I hang out with you because you're cool, and ironically, you're just like one of my best bros, but not a guy. I feel like you get me more than anyone else." He said softly, and you took a minute to absorb this.

"It's not because you're gay right? Like I know some gay guys hang around girls because they feel more feminine."

Dirk stared at you blankly for a moment, before busting out into laughter.

"WHAT'S SO FUNNY??" You asked, a little thrown by his laughter.

"What's funny? What's funny is that you think I hang out with you because you think I'm feminine. Do I look like an obvious gay dude? I hope I don't. If anything, you're more like a boy than a girl, but you look all pretty like a girl."

"Gay Dirk thinks I'm preeeeettyy!!" You sing in a jeering voice, and you both bust out laughing. "Okay no," you continue after your laughter dies down, "if I'm like a guy in a girls body, does that make you gaystraight for me?"

"_______, what? Gaystraight?" Dirk chuckles beside you.

"No, wait that came out weird. Are you so attracted to the way guys act, that you even find it attractive in girls who are tomboys?"