Parrot. - My Cousin's (TheCatWhoCouldType)

Janice bopped her head along to the music blasting out of her headphones, tied on her Bristol Zoo apron and picked up the large metal bucket labeled "penguins". Her job wasn't the best, she smelt of fish and salt water most of the time, but at least she got paid a fair amount.

She was saving up for an engagement ring for her boyfriend you see, because she was impatient and couldn't be bothered to wait for him to ask her, so had taken matters into her own hands.

Bob had been lonely ever since his last egg had cracked.

He had been left by his mate, and now spent his days staring through glass at what seemed to be an exhibit of strange creatures. (Being a penguin, he didn't quite get the concept of status, and just thought he was the centre of the universe, a universe filled with fish, and snow, and black and white waistcoats.)

He did what most animals did, and only really understood that he needed to eat to survive, and that he needed to survive for some pointless reason he didn't quite get.

Piles of fish, who had died and been frozen and packed up and shipped, slipped into a bucket in Janice's hands. She scrunched up her nose, and held her breath.

Slowly, she lugged the grey slime up some steps, and put on the special voice she only used for the animals she loved."Hey guys, who wants some num nums?" All she got as a reply was a rally of squarks, all except for one lonely guy in the corner, who looked like he was contemplating much bigger things than his small, unsuspecting life. So, she began to toss the fish, not forgetting her rubber gloves.

Bob was, in fact thinking about the colour orange, I mean, let's all think about the colour orange. It's slightly crazy and even has a fruit named after it (or maybe it's the other way round, who knows?), and it also was the colour of his true love's beak.

Suddenly, he was hit in the chest with a small, pointed object  of the same colour. It was, you could almost say, the key to his freedom.

It was a bunch of keys, held together a key ring that would turn out to be Bob's best friend, Bob's best friend the carrot.