Sugar - 2.

This was asked for, so here it is.
Taylor's point of view.
_________________________

There is a moment between waking up and sleeping, where the remnants of a dream still cloud your mind, where you're no longer unconscious but haven't fully slipped into consciousness.
The first thing you become aware of, in that moment, is the light and strangely familiar scent of vanilla. It fills your senses as you breathe it in. You're lying on your back, and slowly turn over, not fully aware of your surroundings, only to be met with the realization of feeling something soft beneath you. Your eyebrows furrow and your eyes, finally, flutter open. Karlie.
Still asleep, the younger girl slightly snores beneath you. Her breathing slow. Lashes softly fluttering. Slowly, you blink, trying to dissipate the haze of sleep from your vision. Everything feels still, and you can hear her every breath when you groggily run your eyes over the room, finally slipping into full awareness.
You're in her room, you find, as you had expected. In her bed. On top of her. Naked. Slowly, you exhale, and your eyes find her again, and honestly, you can think of worse things to wake up to.
Her lips are slightly pouted, and her arms are around you loosely, blonde hair scattered perfectly over the pillow behind her. She makes a light humming sound, nose crinkled just the slightest, and the scent of her vanilla is overpowering to you- you start sinking right back into her.
But then you catch yourself, and sit up. Maybe too fast, given the sudden sharp ache that shoots through your head, but dwindles into a dull throb by the time you've dangled your legs off the side of the bed. Your eyes shut at the way the room spins the second you're standing on your feet. Fucking hell, is the thought that comes to mind, but you're more than used to waking up hungover in this room by now, and you can only count your blessings- you don't feel nauseous at all, yet.
Quickly, you sweep your shirt off the floor, finding it next to Karlie's shorts, and before you can even begin to wonder where your pants are, you catch sight of your underwear hanging from the doorknob, having somehow perfectly ended up there when Karlie had tossed it to the side last night. You would chuckle, if it weren't for the slight feeling of guilt in the pit of your stomach, and the latent desire to just run and escape the apartment before the other girl woke up.
Slipping your clothes on quick, and realizing your pants were left in the living room, you grab your phone and send a quick text to your driver, just as you make your way to the bedroom room. Your hand reaches for the doorknob, when-
"Where are you going?" a soft voice calls out to you. Shit. Your cheeks heat up from shame, as you turn to face her.
"Hi." The smile you offer her is pathetic.
She stares at you for a second, until you see her face change, almost like she remembered a bad memory, and you realize she probably just remembered that this is how it happens with the two of you.
"Oh." She says, looking away from you. "Well, bye." You hate the hint of defeat in her voice, and realize she looks downright angelic sitting up against the headboard surrounded by fluffy white sheets, head turned away from you with fingers combing through her hair.
Your heart picks up speed and sinks at the same time. Turn around and leave a voice in your head says, but sighing, you walk towards her, to sit next to her on the edge of the bed. You can see it catches her off guard when her eyes widen slightly, watching you.
"I'm sorry." You tell her, and you mean it. You really are sorry, that this is how it is with you. This is how it has to be. She narrows her eyes at you, like she believes that isn't true at all. It makes your heart feel a little like she stuck a needle in it.
"It's fine." She says, but her voice sounds weak. However, there is a look of acceptance in her eyes, like she was expecting nothing less than to be hurt by you this morning. If you stayed to ponder the thought, it would have brought tears to your eyes. So, quickly, you give her a soft kiss to the cheek, before rising. And try to ignore the way her body slightly shudders as you pull away.
"I'll see you tonight." You tell her, talking about dinner at your friend Lily's, before fleeing out the door, leaving her alone.