Chapter Two

Picture of Gisselle on top
~

I was standing in the middle of a giant ballroom, high ceilings, black and white tiles, and an expensive looking chandelier hanging above me. I was standing in front of a grand staircase. Not a door or window in sight. I was not alone. At least, that's what It felt like. I could feel multiple sets of eyes on me, but I couldn't see anyone.

I looked around to survey my surroundings. Behind me was a throne, fit for a king. But there was no king, there was nothing. It was just me. Alone.

It was an eerie kind of silence. One where you could hear a pin drop. All you could hear was my heavy breathing and the faint sound of... Footsteps?

I quickly turned around to see that I was no longer alone. I feel a strange sense of Déjà vu. Have I been here before? In front of me stood three hooded figures. I couldn't see their faces because of the intricately designed robes shielding their faces.

"What do you want from me?" I found myself saying.

One of the figures let out a sinister chuckle. "No no no dear, we want nothing from you... Yet." I could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

"Then why am I here?" I asked, frightened. I took a step back, in fear.

"All will be revealed soon." A voice whispered behind me.

~

Where am I? Was the first thought that came to mind as soon as I opened my eyes. The dream had felt so real. I looked down to see my hands were slightly shaking and there were traces of sweat forming in the back of my neck.

I slowly sat up, looking around. I was in a bedroom which obviously did not belong to me. Where were Mark and the other man?

I was in a cozy room, just big enough to fit a full sized bed, a wooden dresser, and a nightstand. The walls were covered with worn out wallpaper whose edges were torn. To the side of me was a small window looking out to the woods which I had been found.

A voice lured me out of my thoughts. "Oh goodness, I had no idea you were already awake." An older woman came in and set a tray of food down on the night stand. She inspected the gauze that was attached to my forehead. I hadn't noticed that. "Hm.. Looks like you're healing pretty well." She gave me a warm smile and set the tray of food on my lap.

The woman was about Mark's age. Despite, the few wrinkles that lingered her face, she had aged very beautifully. The woman's most noticeable feature were her vibrant green eyes, which reminded me of the green-eyed God who saved me. She must be his mother. Speaking of the man, where could he be?

"You're not much of a talker are you?" She laughed and sat next to me on the edge of the bed. "What's your name sweetheart?"

I looked down. "I- I don't know. I don't really remember ma'am." I looked back up at her and saw a look of sympathy.

"Oh you poor thing. They did say you were a bit confused. Do you remember anything at all? Your parents? Where you're from? What-"

"I think that's enough questions love. You're overwhelming the girl." A familiar voice chuckled. Mark. I looked over and saw that he was with the green-eyed man.