Chapter One

I was conscious. Not fully awake, but conscious enough to know that I was aware. I couldn't move a muscle. It was almost like I had suddenly forgotten how to move. I was aware of the fact that I was in fact lying down. But where exactly?

I could feel a rough texture grazing my neck and arms. Grass was the first thing that came to mind. Was I outside? Immediately, the air around me started to smell familiar. Damp earth, fresh air, and something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

I need to wake up. But how? I start focusing on my fingers, trying to get them to move. But before I could, I was interrupted by a presence.

Light. The sensation of light woke my paralyzed body. It's powerful rays seeping through my shut lids, forcing them to slowly open.

As my vision started to clear I could make out a silhouette of a man standing above me. He was saying something I couldn't quite hear.

I could now see where I was. It was in the midst of the night, dark and quiet, besides the muffles of the man above me. I was in what looked like a forest; gigantic trees, grass, and dirt.

The mans muffled sounds became clearer as my senses started to regain control.

"Miss, are you alright?" The man asked, concerned, shining what appeared to be a flashlight.

As I opened my mouth to respond. All I could manage was a faint groan. My mouth felt like a desert; dry.

"Mark! Over here!" The man yelled to someone. He kneeled over my frail body and I got a better look at him. He had green pools for eyes which hid behind a curtain of thick lashes, black messy hair, and tanned skin. He was, for lack of better words - gorgeous. The sight of him almost made me faint. And I'm sure I would have if it wasn't for the bright light that was shining in my eyes.

I winced at the brightness. The man took notice and immediately took the light away from my face.

"Did you find the- is this her?" A deep voice said. This must be the Mark person who the man called. He was an older man, this was evident due to the wrinkles that we're starting to form around his face, maybe in his late 50s or early 60s. He had brown hair which looked like it was starting to grey, and wise brown eyes.

"I think so. Matches the identification we found in the vehicle. Female, 5'4", 18, brown hair, blue eyes. What was her name again?" I could  hear an exchange of something between the two. "Gwen Richards."

Gwen? That was my name? How come it sounded so foreign to me?

"Did you at least give the girl water? Poor thing must be parched from all that walking." Mark said to the man.

"Oh shit. I forgot." I heard the rustling of what sounded like a backpack or a bag of some sort.

I felt something moist enter my dry mouth. Water. As soon as the liquid entered my throat. I jerked up from my paralyzed position and started a coughing fit.

My chest burned and my head aches with every cough I let out. The two men held me steady as I tried to relieve myself of the liquid I had accidentally let into my lungs.

"Easy there sugar." The man called Mark attempted to sit me up and pat my back to help me.

As the coughing calmed down, my first instinct was to get away from the two strangers. But my attempt failed because of my weak state.

"Calm down, we're here to help you." The unnamed God told me, steadying me to a comfortable sitting position. "Is your name Gwen Richards?"

I thought about this for a moment. What was my name? "I - I don't remember." I said truthfully. I looked down in embarrassment. Who doesn't remember their own name? Apparently me.

The two men glanced at each other. Mark spoke first. "Looks like she might have amnesia. Must've hit her head on a rock or something." Mark stood up from his kneeling position and pulled out a phone. "Should I call the paramedics?"

"No, she's in our territory, the town doctor will be safer. Besides, it will take ages before the nearest hospital will get here." Without notice, the man scooped me up as if I were nothing but a feather, and started to walk. "Rest, you must be exhausted."

He was right, I was. And without a single word, I shut my eyes once again.

~

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed that! I'm so sorry if my writing sucks, this is my first book that I've written on here. So what do you guys so far? What do you think should happen? All comments are welcome xoxo