Chapter Seven: Adeline Rosalynn

Luke's POV

"So, what's the 'Chosen One' all about?" I ask, laying on the floor of Michael and I's dorm room. Michael stops typing on his laptop and snaps his attention to me.

"Were you eavesdropping on Jagger and I's conversation?" Michael asks, his voice going an octave higher.

"Maybe...but, that's not the point. I wanna know about the 'Chosen One'. It sounds cool."

Michael sighs and slides off his bed onto the floor with me and I sit up to listen carefully. "Well, centuries ago their was a vampire Queen named Adeline Rosalynn and she had great power. Many people say she had the power to steal other vampire powers which made her so strong. Others say she was just gifted. Well, Adeline broke the only rule in all of vampire history; never to fall in love with a human. It was against the rules because it would mess up the entire balance between mortal and immortal. But, a mortal named Clarence Jackaby stole her heart. So, secretly they started dating and no one knew what was behind castle walls. Until one day the vampire council came to visit and found them together in her room. When they found out she was pregnant they kicked her out of the castle, left to rot in the dungeon, living off a drop of blood a day. And vampires can't get pregnant so it was a mysterious thing. Eventually, she gave birth to a baby boy, Robert, in her cell all alone. The council took the baby from her and no one ever knew what happened to Adeline. The baby boy, though, they found was half human half vampire which was impossible according to vampire history but the baby grew up so fast and then stopped aging at 25. Robert eventually married a human named Alice and Alice gave birth to another baby boy named Andrew. Legend has it that the next in line from Andrew is the Chosen One who is half human half vampire and is marked with an X on their finger or thumb, something like that. But basically everyone is looking for the Chosen One because they all want their power on their side for when the war comes."

I'm left speechless at the story and falter for words. "M-Michael.."

"What?"

"My dad's name is Andrew."

******

"What exactly are we looking for?" I quiz, scanning all the books in the huge Victorian style library. Michael shuffles through some books and pulls a few more out, stacking them on a nearby table.

"Anything that might lead to the vampire royal blood line and your last name." Michael skims through an old book with a dark red cover that reads "Vampire Royal History" on the front. I skim the shelves for any other books that might lead to clues.

"Luke! Come here, I found something!" Michael exclaims, waving me over. He points to a picture of a family tree and at the top is Adeline and Clarence and at the bottom is...me? "Look, that's you!"

"And that's Adeline...which means...-"

Michael and I both turn to stare at each other with wide eyes and he says, "you're the chosen one" at the same time I say, "I'm the chosen one".

"Wait, you said you were turned, though? If you were the descendent of Adeline you would of already been half vampire..." Michael trails off, looking scared. "Luke, who turned you?"

"Some girl at the dance I think her name was Willow...why?" Michael's mouth drops open in horror. "What?!"

"Willow turned you!?!" Michael yells, frantic. "Oh this is bad this is very very bad this is fuckin' extremely bad. You're such a shithead, so fuckin' stupid, Luke, why?!"

"I'm sorry...?"

"Willow is a very bad person, Luke. She's a hybrid. Vampire and witch mix. She is always up to something evil and is a stone cold bitch. Never ever associate with her. If she's the one who turned you, she must've had a reason to." Michael mumbles, thinking things over in his head. "First we need to talk to the witches. They usually can find out what's happening. They're very wise."