Chapter 20 - King Of Everything

Start from the beginning

I politely smiled at him.

But he had other ideas...he grabbed my face violently and i had no clue what he would do next.

His kiss purged his love into me. Oh lord. 

I had not kissed him for over 300 years!

300 years!

Tears immediately sprung from eyes. It had been 300 years since...since...since...

Elijah released me and asked, "What happened to Nikole?" and my tears did not stop. The past was an unholy devil!

Stop is what i wanted to say. But 300 years...it had been so long. So long. I had missed Elijah so much. So much. 

But it was not something i would just admit. His love was danger. Pure...dan-

No Katerina...all Elijah ever did was love you truly. You just ran from him...The voice inside of me spoke the truth. Elijah loved me truly. I felt it in his kiss.

But things were different now.

Stefan...came to my mind. But Elijah still remained.

Could i love two, not just one man?

"I don't know what to say..." i bluntly said to Elijah, who's eyes had gone all solid and still. He truly wanted the truth from me. Was that all, i wondered. So i asked him, "Is that all you came to me for?" and wiped some of my tears a long with the question. Sill, Katherine, why did you not just turn you're emotions off again? Its too much pain for a switch that gets turned back on...so easily.

Elijah stared at me for a while. His eyes were like a painting. I felt like everything had stopped.

He kissed my lips one more time.

I laughed with pure joy.

"I've missed you...so" i hoped he could feel the desperation of the "so" and that i had not left him because it i did not love him. I ran because i loved him more than i could imagine.

Maybe even more than...Stefan.

"Then why did you leave me?" it was like he had read the question directly from my brain. I knew he would ask it. I felt so horrible then. I had kept him waiting...i had been running from him and his brother for 300 years. And still...i felt the love from his beautiful kisses!

"Uhh...uh...uh.." i had no words to say to him. 

A rustling came from the path back to the mansion. Too loud to be an animal. Too stealthy to be the wind. This was a human.

"Who's out there?!?" a strong, bravado voice announced.

Damon. Damn Damon.

My eyes looked so confused and sorry at that moment.

I stared at Elijah and whispered to him quickly, "Meet me tomorrow at midnight...at...umm...(i was still getting used to this large town!)..the Mystic Falls bridge", Elijah looked unsure, "Please" i finished everything i had to say and left my old lover. The rustling from the trees grew.

I swifted through the dark bushes and came upon the famous blue eyes and curly handsome hair. The flirtatious, sexy Salvatore looked rather...weak in this light. Damon took a deep breath when he saw me. But he still had that same flirty smile plastered on his lips.

"What are you doing here-" i stopped his words with my finger on his soft lips. My eyes were staring at him directly now. Ready to compel him and his worries away.

"Return to my bedroom with me, let me taste your delights and do not remember our encounter in the woods, lovely!" and with that, Damon Salvatore: Mystic Fall's resident playboy was like a charm on one of charm bracelets. To think that my eyes were still red and full of tears from my reunion with Elijah would be ludicrous. But it was completely true. But i was still...hungry.