Chapter 17

I was beyond nervous. My hands shook as I sat in the waiting chair.

Carlos went to get some water. I played with my ring, tapping my foot. "Alex Peters?" Someone called out. I snapped my head up. "Come with me." The nurse said, a warm smile on her face.

I stood up slowly. Carlos came into he room, and saw me getting up. He smiled, and then came over to me. "Ready to go?" He asked, coming up to me and kissing my cheek.

I nodded. "Y-yeah, I guess." I stuttered, wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans.

"What's wrong baby?" Carlos asked, rubbing my back.

"Just nervous, that's all." I said shaking my head. "Let's go." I followed the nurse through the door.

I felt Carlos take my hand, and follow us. "Here you are." The nurse said, gesturing to a room. "Just take a seat, Dr. Wither will be here in a couple minutes."

I nodded. "Thank you." I told her, walking into the room. I took a seat on the bed, and Carlos pulled out a chair.

We wait there, silent, and then there was a knock. The door opened and a friendly looking doctor stepped in.

"Hello guys, I'm Dr. Wither. Are you Alex Peters?" She asked, looking strait at me.

I nodded. "That's me." I said.

She turned to Carlos. "And who is this?" She asked.

Carlos stood up. "I'm Carlos Lutz, Alex's fiance." He said, holding out his hand.

Dr. Wither nodded and shook his hand. "Well, let me see the ring now." She said, turning to me.

My face felt warm as I held out my left hand. "Beautiful. You got a keeper." She said, winking.

I laughed. I love her already. "Thanks." I said.

"Okay, now I'm just going to ask some questions, take your weight and height, and then we'll get started." Dr. Wither said, getting ready to write with a purple pen on a clipboard.

I nodded. "Okay, what side effects have you experienced?"

It went like this for a while, then my weight (160), my height (5'6), and so on. Then it got to the interesting part.

"Okay Alex, can I get you to lay down for me?" The doctor asked.

I took a deep breath and laid down. Carlos could sense my discomfort, so he came over to me and took my hand in his.

"I'm just going to do an ultrasound. This might be a little cold." Dr. Wither said, lifting my shirt up and smearing a light blue gel on my stomach.

She put the little stick thing on my stomach, and moved it around. "Oh my goodness!" I tensed up as she said this.

Carlos gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. The doctor took a picture, and then put the stick down.

The picture printed out fairly quickly. She picked it up and and sat on a stool. "Okay, see these little blobs?" She said, pointing with the end of her pen.

We nodded. "Well, I believe these are heads." Dr. Wither said, looking up.

"What are you are you saying?" I asked, my heart beating a million times a second.

She sighed. "What I'm trying to tell you is............you guys are having triplets."

I literally stopped breathing. Triplets? How? I looked over at Carlos. He was frozen.

"I know this may be quite a surprise. Have you had any triplets in the family before?" Dr. Wither asked.

I nodded. "My brother has triplets, my twin brother has twins, and my great grandpa is a triplet......" I said. "I didn't know if you needed to know about my brother's twins. Sorry, I'm just a little overwhelmed and everything, I mean-"

"And that's okay. I understand. Just take it easy, okay?" She said. "I'm going to let you guys talk. I'll be back in about ten minutes. Oh, and you are due around February 20th." Dr. Wither got up and left, closing the door behind her.

We were silent for a couple seconds, before Carlos took a deep breath. "So, triplets." I nodded.

"I'm not ready for this." I said, sniffing. I tried not to cry, but one tear slipped out, breaking the whole dam.

I cried. Carlos got up and pulled me into his embrace. I sobbed into his shoulder. "Shh, it's okay baby girl. It's all going to be fine." He soothed.

I took a deep breath and wiped away my tears. Carlos stood up straight. "Sorry, I don't know why I've been such a cry baby lately." I said, swiping at my eyes.

He chuckled. "Sweetheart, you've been nothing but strong. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but it's a miracle that I have you. I know you are going to be a great mother, everyone loves you. And I know, that when these little babies are born, they will love you to the end of the earth."

"Shut up, you know that's not true." I said, rolling my eyes.
"You're too modest. But I'm serious." Carlos said, "You are the most beautiful, strongest girl I have ever met. I know you will be ten times the parent I will ever be."

He brushed my hair to the side. "Thanks, but you are the better one of us. You are the one that is actually a dad, you are the one that works the hardest. You come home after a day full of selling security systems, fixing them, all of that, and still manage to love me and Evelyn."

"That's irrelevant. So, what do you say about after all this hospital drama, we just go home and watch movies?" He suggested.

"And this is why I love you."

"I know."

***

"Please?"

"I'm not watching some sappy romance movie." Carlos deadpanned.

"But please? Just for me? Your loving wife to be?" I asked. Then I giggled. "Haha, that rhymed."

He rolled his eyes, but a small smile rested on his lips. "Fine. Whatever." He said.

"Yay!" I cheered. I put the disc in the movie player, and laid down next to Carlos on our huge bed. He turned over on his side, and slid down so his head was at my slightly protruding stomach.

I watched the movie, and soon after it started. I heard Carlos mumbling something, a light smile playing on his lips. I moved my hand down to mess with his hair.

As I twirled the thick strands around my fingers, I found myself getting sleepy.

I fell asleep to the feeling of a kiss to my stomach, and then the covers being pulled up to me.

******

Hey!!!!! So here's another chapter, we found out how many babies they're having. THREE!!!! Anybody guess the genders? Or the order of the genders? (Oldest to youngest)

Okay, so for the next chapter, I'm skipping a bunch of time. It'll be New Years Eve in the next chapter, so she'll be due in just two months!!! So excited :)

Tay :{