Chapter 15

There, finished. I finally booked an appointment with a doctor to check with the baby and everything. The appointment is this coming Thursday, which is in two days. I closed my laptop up and laid back on the couch. Just as I closed my eyes, the front door opened.

"Honey, I'm home!" Carlos yelled.

"Living room!" I called, grabbing a blanket and curling up. He came into the living room and saw me on the couch. "Hi." I said.

"Hello." He said, bending down and kissing me on the lips.
"Ew!" Evelyn squealed. We broke apart and smiled. I leaned up and gave him one more kiss. "Stop!"

"Hey sweetie!" Carlos said, picking her up and twirling her around. She squealed in delight as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

I grinned as I watched them. I looked at the clock and saw that is was already 5:45. I sighed. "What do you guys want for dinner?" I asked, sitting up.

"Mac and cheese!" They both yelled. I laughed and nodded.

"Mac and cheese it is." I said, standing up. I walked into the kitchen barefoot. I went to the pantry and grabbed the boxes. As I started putting water in the pot, Carlos came sliding in. He was wearing socks, which allowed him to slide, and a pair of loose shorts. No shirt. But hey, I'm not complaining.

"No sliding in the house." I scolded playfully. He rolled his eyes.

"Yes ma'am." He answered. I nodded and put the pot on the stove.

"Good boy." I said, patting his arm. After I turned on the stove, I crossed my arms and leaned my back against the counter. "Hey, so I scheduled an appointment for Thursday, that okay with you?"

"Yeah, I can take off that day." Carlos said, coming closer to me. He put his hands on either side of me, resting them on the counter. I seemed to stop breathing as I looked into his sparkling green eyes. It still amazes me how in love we are, even after years.

Then he rested his forehead against mine. "I love you, you know that right?"

"Of course, and the same goes for you. I love you too." I whispered. He smiled and touched his lips to mine. "Now what do want? Or should I say, what did you do?" I asked, pulling away.

"Uhh....Nothing?" Carlos said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Mhmm..." I said, making sure the water was boiling. I poured the pasta into the water.

"Okay, so maybe I did something." He said.

"And what was it?" I asked, stirring the pasta.

"Now that is for me to know and you to find out. Later." Carlos said, looking around the kitchen. "Is that a new pot? I don't remember having that."

"N- stop trying to change the subject!" I said smacking his shoulder.

"Ow." He said, rubbing his arm.

"Good, you deserve it." I said, draining the pasta. Carlos rolled his eyes.

I mixed the milk, butter, pasta, and cheese together. "Wa la. Dinner's ready!" I yelled.

Evelyn came running in here, but fell. "Mommy, it hurts!" She wailed through her tears.

I bent down as carefully as I could, and picked her up without getting blood all over me.

I set her tiny frame on the counter. "Evelyn, honey, that's why we don't run in the house." I said calmly, inspecting her cut leg. There was a large cut on her calf, probably from running into the edge of the sharp cabinets.