Chapter 17: Hide and Seek

Start from the beginning

Many years ago Peter's POV

I hear a clumsily noise at the door. I open the door to see Bo Peep and another man kissing her neck ,looking like a hot mess. The man looks at me and walks away."What happened?" I ask as she falls into my arms. "I went to the bar." She said sitting on an old wooden chair.

"What about our son." I say looking over at Rumple. "Everyday I sit in this house and do nothing ,and all he does is cry. He hates me!" She says rubbing her temples. "What about us!" I yell with tears in my eyes. "What us!" She yells back. I say nothing. She takes a deep breath and looks up at me.

"There is no us ,anymore. When we got married ,I thought we could make it work ,but I love money and power ,and I can't give it up like I thought ,and I just can't be a mother. But worst of all ,I can't be married to a coward." She says with venom in her voice and tears lining her eyes. There was a moment of silence. "Leave." I say looking at the floor. "You obviously don't want to be here ,so leave." I say not looking at her. She silently kisses Rumple's head and leaves. As soon as she leaves ,I breakdown like my life was over.

Wendy's POV present day

I run through the dark jungle ,as it seems now the lost boys are after me. I come upon a tall tree and think I could hide there. As i start to climb ,something grabs my foot and starts pulling. I fall down with a loud thud ,one of the lost boys must have got me. A hand falls over my mouth. "Shh ,it's me! Bae!" I turn around as the hand was removed ,to see Baelfire. A breath of relief escapes my lips.

"Bae!" I yell whisper. Bae looks around and then pulls his coat off. "Here ,put this on." He says draping the coat over my shoulders. "Why?" I say pulling my arms through the sleeves. "The lost boys are after you too." He says looking around.

"I knew it!" I say stomping my foot to the ground. "Now lets go!" He says pulling my hand to guide me. "Where are we going?" I ask looking back. "Echo cave." He says jumping over a log.

"How do you know where it is?" I ask dodging branches. "Its kind of part of being a lost boy." He said almost tripping but I pulled him up. "Why don't I get to see the island?" I say mostly to myself.

"Because " we arrive at a big dark stone cave. "We're here." He says with a proud smile. He pulls me into the dark damp cave. In the middle of the cave was a stone beam and moonlight shining in from a hole at the top of the cave. "Because ,Peter wants to keep you in the camp. So you can never leave ,he's afraid of you finding out the truth about him." Bae says catching his breath.

"The truth about him?" I say confused. "That he's a monster." He says in between breathes. "That's why the only people he likes you to hang out with is Felix and him." Bae says with his hands on his knees. "That's not true ,I hang out with you." I say with a reassuring smile that not even I believed.

Bae lifts up his shirt. There was a big red scar on the side of his stomach. I gasp. "This is what he did last time we hung out with an arrow. Pan said next time it would have dream shade on it." He said pulling his shirt back down.

"I'm so sorry." I say pouting. "Its fine ,really." He says with a sad smile. Everywhere I go ,I mess things up. It sucks because it seems like nothing I can ever do will be good enough ,not to anyone else ,not even to myself.

"You should have listened." A voice says behind us. I turn around to see Peter. I roll my eyes. "You lose." He says walking closer with a smirk. "Stay away from her!" Bae says jumping in front of me with a dagger. With the wave of Peter's hand Bae freezes ,his body outlined with red.

"Now Darling ,what is it your hiding from me?" He says teleporting in front of me. I take in a sharp breath. "Nothing." I say rising my eyebrows and clenching my fist. Peter stares at me for a moment. He purses his lips together and puts a finger to his lips.

"Now ,I don't believe that. I already gave you a chance ,so I guess there's only one thing left." He said with an evil and darkness hidden within his eyes ,something I had never seen from him before. I didn't like it.

Before I could do anything ,he pushes his hand into my chest. I gave a sharp breath. It feels like getting cut open and having salt poured into the wound. I was expecting him to pull my heart out ,like he did to that pirate ,but his hand just lingered in my chest. Each moment his hand was in my chest ,the more it started to hurt.

It felt like I couldn't breath ,but when I did it hurt each breath. I felt a tug on my heart ,but nothing ,just more pain. "What are doing!" I managed through the pain ,tears in my eyes.

Peter pulled his hand out my chest with nothing in it. I let out a deep breath. "What was that!" I yell putting a hand on his chest so I wouldn't fall. Peter's face was blank and confused. "I decided to let you live." He said waving his hand and Bae was unfrozen.

In a second my vision was bright white. I open my eyes to see the camp. I turn to see Peter's hand wrapped around mine. He looked down and pulled away. "Why did you bring me back!" I say fire burning in my blood. He didn't say anything.

Out of angry ,I slap Peter across the face. Peter looks back at me. To my surprise Peter slaps me back. "I brought you back ,because you won." He said walking away. "What?" I say with an attitude. "You heard me!" He snapped. This was really weird. "When the boys come back they will build you a tent." He said disappearing into his tent.

What was going on? It was so confusing. Why didn't Peter pull my heart out? I didn't know what to do. I sat on the log in front of the fire and closed my eyes. It was quite when the boys weren't around ,but it was also lonely. I didn't know how to feel about Peter at this point. He did threaten to kill me ,and very well had the chance to ,but didn't.

The question was though ,was why? I sat with my face in my hands. I hated Peter ,but at the same time didn't. I don't know how ,but it made sense to me ,not to many people ,but to me it did.

"What are you doing here?" I hear a voice behind me ,I turn around to see Felix. "I won." I say looking back at the never ending flams. "No you didn't." He said with a chuckle. I take an annoyed breath.

"Look ,all I know is Peter is acting weird ,and he didn't kill me ,and brought me back here ,and said I won." I say with wide eyes quickly ,taking a deep breath at the end. "Looks like Pan let you win. But the question is ,why?" He said sitting down next to me. Felix and I just sat in silence ,looking into the fire. I had the same question.

Okay so this chapter was a little confusing ,but I promise you will find out why Peter didn't pull out her heart and it might be a shock ,unless someone already knows what it is. Tell me in the comments what you think ,and if your right and you want to know if your right ,I'll message you ,but only if you want me to. And the pictures at the top is when Peter realizes Wendy is lying to him.
Bye my Darlings!
Vote ,comment ,and follow!