"Harold." Louis sighs, reaching out and unfolding Harry's arms from across his chest, gripping his wrists. "Of course I want romance. I thrive off romance. Do you realise we had our first kiss lying on the grass stargazing, like, how fucking sappy?"

The corners of Harry's lips twitch, pout breaking into a smile he's trying to keep under control. "I'd give it a solid seven out of ten on the sappy scale. I think you can do better."

Louis tightens his hold on Harry's wrist, squeezing just so and looking up at Harry through his eyelashes. "That a challenge?"

"If you choose to accept it."

Louis pulls him forward, kissing the pointed tip of his chin. "I'm gonna woo you so hard."

Harry snorts back a laugh, winking at Louis. "I love when you talk dirty to me."

*

The drive takes a little while, Harry spends almost the whole journey with one hand on the steering wheel and the other resting on Louis' thigh. Louis plays with his fingers, interlocking them with his own whilst Harry drives. It's every cliche but they do it because they've never gotten the chance to before.

The boot is loaded with camping equipment Harry had conveniently found lurking in his garage, a tent and sleeping bags, a inflatable air bed just about big enough for the both of them to fit on.

Harry'd found a little trangia stove hidden in his cupboard from old camping trips, but they'd decided to leave it behind as neither of them could remember how to work it properly. Instead they opt for packing a picnic, stopping off at a rundown convenience store they spot on the way to stock up on snacks.

Harry twists the keys, turning the ignition off, going to pull his door open before Louis interjects. "I'll go in."

"Oh," Harry says, "You sure?"

"Mhm," Louis nods, taking his wallet out of his back pocket. "Few things I've gotta grab as well."

"Like?"

Louis raises an eyebrow, quirking a smile at Harry. "It's a secret."

Harry smirks back, shaking his head softly. "Go on then."

"Don't miss me too much." Louis winks, pulling his door open and slinking into the store.

He thinks about Harry's earlier words, "You want romance don't you?" He doesn't know what sort of romantic paraphernalia a curb side convenience store would stock, but he's about to do his best to find out.

He settles on a few packets of scented tea lights, marshmallows and wooden skewers and the most expensive bottle of red wine he can find in a store that also sells car tires. He picks up a basket full of picnic food too, a few ready made sandwiches, cereal bars, crisps and a few pots of fresh fruit that he knows Harry will appreciate.

He had genuinely gone in the store with the intention of just stocking up on those few items, a couple of cute extras to make the whole affair a touch more on the romantic side. That is until he makes his way to the checkout, stopping in his tracks when he walks down what looks like a fairly innocent aisle.

The bright coloured packaging catches his eye, keywords like "pleasure" and "excite" drawing him in. He can't resist picking up a packet, opting for the "classic" variation of condoms.

The store is lacking in lube, just stocking the inconvenient type that you rip out of a packet. He throws it in the basket anyway, smirking at how this is the second time in less than a week he's found himself spontaneously buying lube in some grotty corner shop. It's not like he's expecting anything from the trip, the condoms and lube just an after thought in case he finds himself in a situation where they're necessary. Having to hold off touching Harry like that because of lack of equipment would probably put him in his grave for good.