Chapter 3.

For a party that's hosted by Snoop Dogg, it's a relatively low key event. It's in some small, exclusive West Hollywood club that Louis doesn't recognise the name of. They haven't long been here, but Louis is already at that lightheaded, lighthearted stage of inebriated.

They'd all gone round to Liam's LA place first, Louis, Oli and Calvin. Liam had welcomed them all with open arms and shot glasses. They'd done a round of shots of Liam's expensive Tequila, Liam always overly eager to make sure everyone's having a good time. Oli had produced a small sealed baggy of MDMA tabs, offering them around like the gentleman he is. Louis had declined, wary of getting too chatty and embarrassing himself, especially with so much running through his mind.

Now he's at the club, he's glad he didn't take Oli up on his offer. Mostly because he's just about sober enough to deal with Liam, who is definitely nowhere near sober. He's breathing down Louis' neck trying to get him to spill about whats causing the heavy grey cloud thats been lingering over his head since he landed in LA.

"I know you, Tommo. I know you." Liam's shouting to be heard over the deafening music.

"I know you too, Liam. What's your point?" Louis replies, speaking directly into Liam's ear.

Liam leans back, shaking his head and smiling wide, pointing his finger at Louis. "I'm buying you another drink, lad."

Louis is about to protest when Oli and Calvin pop out of nowhere, clumsily carrying a tray of Jagerbombs between them. "Oi oi!" Calvin shouts, precariously placing the tray down on the table next to them. Louis watches as a few of the plastic glasses topple over, sticky orange liquid spilling everywhere.

"Get 'em down ya, boys." Oli proclaims.

Louis picks up one of the cups and downs it in one long gulp, shuddering slightly at the sickeningly sweet taste. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. The other boys cheer behind him, reaching for their own and following suit. Liam slaps him on the back as Louis goes straight back for another, getting it down him even quicker than the first. Alcohol probably isn't the answer to his issues, but it's the only immediate solution he has right now.

*

Too many Jagerbombs, several colourful shots and a few bottles of beer later, Louis is wasted. He's finding putting one foot in front of the other to be a particularly difficult task. He latches onto Oli and Calvin's shoulders to help him tackle the stairs to the smoking area without incident. Louis is trying to get them all to finger point along to the music, reaching out for Liam's hand and forcing him into it when he wont comply. After whats probably an embarrassingly lengthy amount of time, they reach the top of the stairs and step out on the smoking balcony. It's crammed with people of varying levels of intoxication, but it provides a welcome quiet from the deafening music inside. Louis leads the four of them into a free corner, rummaging in his pocket for a packet of cigarettes and a lighter.

"I only smoke when I'm drunk." He lies to nobody in particular, lifting a cigarette to his lips. He struggles with the lighter, flicking at the wheel but only getting sparks. Out of nowhere, Liam lifts his own lighter to Louis' cigarette, getting it first time.

"Thank you so much, mate. I love you." He says to Liam with absolute sincerity, eyes wide and head nodding. Liam's eyes light up and he drops his mouth into a wide smile, turning to Oli and Calvin.

"He loves me!" He exclaims, slinging a heavy arm around Louis' shoulders.

The four of them stand hunched together, talking in drunken nonsense. Oli and Calvin finish their cigarettes first, flicking the filters to the ground.

"Meet you back inside?" Calvin asks, pulling Oli along with him.

"Yeah, won't be long." Louis replies, watching them stumbling off back into the club.