06

"Michael," she smiled, clutching her purse.

"Why are you here?" I questioned, staring at the ground instead of looking at her.

"I don't know why the ground is here.. but I know why I'm here."

Rolling my eyes, I began to walk out the kitchen. My legs stopped walking when she kept calling my name and clutching on to my arm. Her strong grip on my arm caused me to erupt a whimper and I suddenly felt like a wimp.

Sighing, I faced her directly and almost forgot about my mother behind her. "Um.. why don't we just go to my room to talk about this?"

Spencer nodded, saying a quick goodnight to my mom and then following me up the stairs. My mom then yelled from downstairs that she was going out, pretty late for that. Once the door was shut, I sat on my desk chair while she sat at the edge of my bed. The obvious feeling in the room was tension and it was between us. If it wasn't obvious through our silence, it was definitely obvious from our lack of eye contact.

The desk I sat at vibrated, making a ding. I searched for my phone, reading the dimmed lit screen as I captured it. Jesse had sent me a funny text, trying to cheer me up. It read out Sorry for what happened.. 'It was always a dream of mine to be with you, but we just aren't purrfect together. Hope you understand Michael, feel better X'. Attached to the message was a gif about a cat hitting another cat in a friendly adorable way. Her messages crack me up.

Spencer hummed, causing me to look up from my phone after locking it. "So, who was that?"

"Nobody."

She nodded, looking back down at her hands as if they were the most interesting thing in the world. It was silent, and I had no idea why. I have a reason to be silent, she doesn't. She's the one that came to my house, wanting to speak to me. It's as if she thinks I called her over and is waiting for me to start talking.

"Michael.. I don't understand you at all. I don't understand anything basically, like why are we doing all of this? Why are you even upset with me? I don't understand anything that is between us. Friends will be friends, and so will we. But I just don't get what you're doing!"

Rising swiftly from my desk chair, I strided over to her and sat next to her at the end of the bed. I carried her delicate hand into my lap, caressing her fingers with my thumb. Her head leaned on my shoulder as she breathed deeply.

"You're making a big deal over something so minuscule. I don't know why you don't get it. Spencer, I like you, and it's quite obvious that I do. Anyone on the planet can see that, even myself can see it. I thought I could tell that you felt the same way, but I guess you don't after all.."

Picking up her head from my shoulder, she gazed at me. Her hands travelled to my cheeks where she rubbed some of my stubble with her fingers.

"Mikey, I do like you. You're amazing and such, but I don't like you the same way you like me. Please understand this," she pleaded. "It's hard on me, but you don't take that into consideration."

"It wouldn't be hard on you if you felt the way I did. Just try me, give me a chance. You don't know what I'm capable of, and I'm pretty sure you'd like to know."

Her eyes still locked onto mine, taking in everything I said. The answer became evident in her eyes. Risking our friendship that we built for a while just for this feeling of want and desire would be terrible. This was going to be a risk that I am willing to take, and eager to take.

Leaning in closer, I pressed my lips against hers. She sat still for a few seconds, until her hands reached up to hold on to my cheeks as she moved her lips with mine. To my surprise, she pushed me back onto my ruffled duvet. My wide eyes stared back at her as she retracted her plump lips from mine. Her eyes held a dangerous vibe I couldn't process fully. I lifted myself up with my elbows, gulping at her. Her energetic hands tugged at the hem of my shirt, waiting and wishing to take it off. Within a second, my shirt was already thrown to my computer desk.

We continued to passionately kiss as her cold hands roamed my body, giving me chills all over. It was like my brain chickened out and left through my left ear; I had no clue what to do. Do I grip her here? Do I squeeze her there?

My frigid fingers slid to her waist, rubbing smooth circles into her skin. She sat up, tugging at the end of her own shirt. My mind couldn't help but look at them. It was a small glance because nothing can compare to her beautiful precious face. Her cheeks grew pink when she noticed me staring, showing her adorable and harmless side.

Her chest contacted with mine as she leaned in again and kissed me. My hands now roamed her back, spreading everywhere possible. An odd feeling spread within me when her hands were at the waistband of my sweats. The feeling didn't seem nice at all.

On instinct, my lips detached from her and words left my mouth.

"Whoa, what are you doing?"

Her face held a confused look. "What, do you not want to do this?"

"No, I want this, but-"

"Good enough for me, Mikey."

She smiled deviously, pouncing at me again.

My mind went blank. The last thing I remembered was her kissing down my neck while my hand reached into my night stand.