04

"So, you lied to my face about her and you were fucking her? Not to mention, you made her upset these past few days."

"I wasn't fucking her, all we did was talk and hang out!"

"And some kissing and add a few compliments.." Jacob chimed in, drinking his chocolate milk.

"Jacob, honestly, shut the fuck up. You're not helping at all."

"No, you shut the fuck up Mikey," Chris pointed towards me, and then motioned to Jacob. "He's being a real help, telling me the truth and shit that you didn't tell me, her own brother."

My hands reached for my scalp, pulling at the strands of my hair. I honestly wanted to kill Jacob, run from Chris, and yell out what I'm feeling at Spencer. Chris and Jacob just don't understand everything, and I'm pretty sure Spencer doesn't herself. She probably sees me as some idiotic bastard that gets mad at everything that goes wrong. Basically, that's the definition of me.

"Y'know, I don't really see a big deal about any of this," I said, scratching my neck. I didn't dare to look up. The guy would probably give me the glare that kills all humans.

"What?" He spat. "How would you like it if I fucked your sister at parties continuously?"

"Don't have a sister.." I muttered.

"You're half sister."

I rolled my eyes, "she's five years old and you're, what, 18?"

He slammed his hands on the dirty marble table, aggravated. "You get my fucking point!"

"No, I honestly don't. We aren't fucking, we aren't dating. So, fuck off."

I slung my school back further up my shoulder and stood from the table. Before walking out, I gave Jacob and Chris the finger.

The day passed by fast. I was in and out of my classes in a snap. Most of the teachers were absent, due to a teacher conference or whatever. We should have had a half day or no school at all, we didn't have get taught anything. But after my last class, I decided to visit Chris' house. I wasn't doing it for him, I was doing it for Spencer. I needed to apologise, who knows if she ever shows up to another party with me in it?

I knew Spencer had to be home. She was a graduate of some boarding school, I think. Where else could she possibly go? Not sounding rude or anything, but after years at a boarding school, how do you remember anything about your original home?

As for Chris, I'll just ask to see him. I'll go to his room, talk for an hour, then say I have to use the washroom. He won't know if I went to the washroom or if I went towards Spencer's room. I couldn't ask to go visit Spencer. Their parents know what kind of boy I am, or seem like. They won't allow me to place a finger on her. They're the kind of parents that are protective as shit over boyfriends with their little girl they hardly see.

As I made my way towards their humble abode, I watched my surroundings. They had a little garden by their stairs and hedges around their whole lawn, acting as a fence. It helped a lot because I never could get through them without getting injured.

Nervousness shook through me as I knocked on the door, coughing to clear my throat. There was only one car in the driveway; usually there were two. Footsteps were loud enough to hear through the door. Soon enough, the door swung open before my eyes.

"Oh, Clifford." Chris' mom said with confusion. "Chris isn't here, he went to Tyler's house..?"

Good.

"Yeah, I know. He wanted me to pick something up that he forgot. Mind if I do so?" I asked with ease, although nothing in my head was at ease.

She nodded and opened the door wider, stepping aside for me to come in. She seemed nervous and uptight about something I couldn't place a finger on.

"Try to stay out of the room at the end of the hall," there it is.

I faced her once she shut the door, "why, is there something that can harm me in there?"

"Uh," she fiddled with her thumbs. "N-no, it's just that.. my daughter needs her rest and all."

There is that protection I was mentioning.

"You mean Spencer?" I crossed my arms, eyebrows furrowed together.

"Ye- how do you know her name?" She was now staring at me with her piercing eyes that get the answers out of anybody or anything.

"I-um.. Chris talks about her at school, almost yapping about how his sister is back and all."

She sternly nodded her head at me as I nervously smiled. She walked towards the kitchen, not before giving me another stern glare. Once she was out of the room, I sighed dreadfully and made my way up the stairs. Well, at least I didn't have to look at every room since I knew the house by heart and since she basically told me with Spencer's room was.

The floorboards creaked as I stepped further down the hall, the opposite hall of Chris'. I was debating whether or not to run out of the house or knock on her bedroom door.

As I knocked nervously, I waited patiently with my hands stuffed into my front pockets. I heard some shuffling around and soon was greeted with an unfamiliar face.

"You're not Julia."

"And you're not Spencer, so we both have great eye sight for noticing such."

I heard a quiet gasp in the room, questioning if it was Spencer or not.

"So.. if you're not Julia, who are you then?" the unfamiliar person asked, staring at me from head to toe. She looked older as well, maybe a little older than Spencer.

"Michael.." I hesitantly replied, arching an eyebrow.

The girl nodded, "what do you want, Michael?"

"I wanted to speak to Spencer.."

Another door in the room opened, revealing the beauty herself. She was typing away on her phone while biting her nail, until she looked up. Her phone bounced on the ground as her hand opened, shocked and also worry was written all over her face.

Good thing her phone had an otter box.

"Hi," I breathed, waving awkwardly past her friend.

Her friend glanced at the two of us as she arched an eyebrow, "Interesting.." She walked towards the bed that I assumed was Spencer's, taking a seat on it. She watched us with amusement in her eyes as if we were at a movie theatre and we were the cast. "Talk!"

Her sudden outburst startled me, but I walked towards Spencer and shut the door behind me. I held her shoulders and spoke softly to her, "I'm so sorry. I over react and I tend to do it a lot. I make things a bigger deal than they already are. Will you please accept my apology, I like seeing your face at parties and I like talking to you."

She had a small smile on her face, looking down at her pink bright socks. She nodded slightly, answering my question. My eyes brightened, hugging her and smiling.

After a few moments of silence, I pulled out of the hug. I still had my hands on her shoulders, not letting go. She picked her head up and gazed at me, sadness was in her eyes and I didn't know why. I wanted to make her feel better, make her feel happy. As I started to slowly lean in, she spoke up and I was startled once again.

"You've been a great friend," I noticed she had a hard time saying it, as I had a hard time comprehending it. "I like talking to you too.."

I let go of her shoulders, staring back at her in shock. Not just shock, but hurt as well.

"Did you just-" I stopped mid sentence, knowing what she had just done.

She gave me a quizzical look, acting like nothing she said was shocking. My feet shuffled backwards, hitting the door.

She friend-zoned me.

Why?